How hard is the passenger window motor to replace?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
My passenger window doesn't work at all. I was hoping it was the switches, but it's not. I checked for power at the motor and its there.

It looks like you need to replace the hole thing blind since its inside the door. How bad is it to replace?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Right, I took the door panel off last night. I guess it looked like a PITA with the motor being behind the metal. And I really don't know how its attached to the glass.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Bluechulappa;979700 said:
Not hard at all. The door panel comes off really pretty easy.

Please explain your method! I've parted out 10+ of these cars, and I always find it much easier to pull the whole regulator assembly first. That's not that bad, but putting it back seems like it would take a novice a little while to get it right. The motor is screwed down to the regulator with the head of the screw facing the door, not the interior. Those screws are sometimes hard to break loose.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
did you make sure you checked your switches man. toyota told me my motor was toast but just to be sure i bought new switches on here and my windows worked fine after that. make sure to replace them both. when i replaced my passenger switch it worked sometimes and when i replaced the driver switch as well it worked 100%

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
you can take the motor apart and clean it unless the brush is not touching the solenoid which either you get the whole motor from the junkyard or get a brush

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Yeah, I ripped the door apart and checked for power at the connector for the motor.

Will the window stay up if there is no motor in there?