How do you guys do it?

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Well i have been hanging at my Tacoma forum recently and a new thread popped up that sparked my interest with our cars.

The thread was on how people cleaned their engine bays and their are some good techniques for sure. But i am curious how you guys do it since some of you guys have immaculate looking engine bays. Most of us Taco guys just want the dust and mud outa the bays were as we have tons of pretty polished parts.

So, how do you guys clean your engine bays?

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
Depending on the application(greasy,mudy,dusty)..For a nasty oilly engine, I just rinse, and bombard with degreaser and metal BBQ bushes(for the block or area that wont scratch). Otherwise its just basically soap and water with an array of different chemicals(gypsy tears), brushes,sponges, toothbrushes, ect. It all about elbow grease IMO.

Last edited:

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
GrimJack;1691737 said:
I pay my neighbour's daughters. They have skinny girl arms that fit places my ham fists don't. I give 'em rubber gloves so their nails don't get dirty.

456474931_0356ba4a8d.jpg

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
Simple Green, scrub brushes, and non abrasive scrub pads.
Rinse with water (lightly), and towel dry.
I do it about once a month, just to keep an eye out for problems, and to keep road dust off.