How do i mount this 3 piece wing?

TealMetallicDream

Team Dragst@ Member
Jan 3, 2006
Detroit
I got a 3 piece wing from an 89+ supra to put on my 87. I have the center piece mounted but how do i attach the two side pieces? The wing came with no hardware. I Drilled the two holes for the snaps, but how do i mount it where the two screws are suppose to go? Any tips or tricks to make this easier would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Shane-

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You're missing the hardware. There are two plastic pieces they get attached to the body that stick up and you screw into them. You'll need the snap inserts as well...

TealMetallicDream

Team Dragst@ Member
Jan 3, 2006
Detroit
yeah i dont have the hardware, is there any other way of mounting this thing that anyone knows of besides useing the factory hardware.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not that I would do personally... IIRC the hardware is still available from the dealer for pretty cheap, and you should get the seals for the wing pieces anyway as if water gets trapped in there it's gonna rust bad...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
you need the hardware, or some metal L brackets, but you're going to have to make sure you measure perfectly, otherwise you'll have gaps, or it won't seal properly...

also make sure you get an ivory taillight failure box as well, otherwise your taillight failure light will be on...

also take off your 3rd brake light, nothing looks worse than a car with 2 3rd brake lights..