How do i go about pricing my car to sell?

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
Should i just take bids or set a base price? i have an 87 N/A with about 220k miles on it with a rod knock and the body needs a little care, still a strong engine i drive it to work every day but a knock is a knock.The good news is i have a 7mgte ready to drop in but not sure if i should sell them separate or together, what is a good mileage for a 7mgte? mine has about 100K or less on it. I already have the ecu,harness,hard piping,stock intercooler and pretty much everything that needs to go with the car but i want to get into the sc lexus game for a bit so i am trying to get a feel on how to sell this stuff.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Having the rod knock, plus it's an NA, needs body love, and high milage makes it worth hardly anything to a buyer. It is a lot of work to get the NA turbo swap done up. Doesn't really matter how low the milage is on the GTE motor. Only because the new buyer will be looking into rebuilding that engine to make it reliable. If I were to sell something like that, depending on the tranny ( 5M or Auto ) and condition of the interior, I would probably go for around $1500. This is a guess with no pics, no clue on what the car has.

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
91Supra313;1863345 said:
Having the rod knock, plus it's an NA, needs body love, and high milage makes it worth hardly anything to a buyer. It is a lot of work to get the NA turbo swap done up. Doesn't really matter how low the milage is on the GTE motor. Only because the new buyer will be looking into rebuilding that engine to make it reliable. If I were to sell something like that, depending on the tranny ( 5M or Auto ) and condition of the interior, I would probably go for around $1500. This is a guess with no pics, no clue on what the car has.

yea i am still debating if i want to sell it i may just try and sell the motor but i really don't want 2 cars lol not sure what i want to do

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
The first thing that i would like to ask you is how long did you have the car?
Also i would sell the engine separately because in these cars upgrades dont matter if they are small.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
mjsn1;1863352 said:
in these cars upgrades dont matter if they are small.
What do you define as a small upgrade? To me, shimming the wastegate is small and it adds a bit of power. another small thing is the LEX 550 mod. That is a small and quick thing to do, and adds quite a bit. To most of us everything short of swapping a motor out is a small upgrade. Mainly because it can all be changed right back with little effort.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
I bought my 87 7mgte with rk for $400 in 09. If i where you I'd drop the 7mgte in and get it running then see what you wanna do with your supra