Horsepower increase from tuning stock turbo from 7psi to 14psi

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
TRD what are you AFR's under full boost pulls ??

I want to know what they are @ 3000/4000/5000/6000/redline and so on and in what gears you tested them in if possible..

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Well I dont have any numbers but before the AFM went on it was so rich that you could smell it from the drivers seat at a stop and my buddy didn't want to ride behind in his vert :p now the car is running much better, more throttle response, smoother idle etc..

Also my car doesn't pull to redline.. the power drops off after about 5k and the turbo falls flat on it's face by 5500.

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Well how Do I get the afr numbers? I mean other then buying a $400 wideband.... All I know is as of right now it runs better all around with the new AFM then it did with the old one. Is it really that dangerous to run the Lex AFM on a whats for the most part other then an intake a stock setup?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
It is running lean with the VF Pegged full lean fuel correction. The ECU is not happy. Widebands are only 180.00 last time I checked for a Innovate LC-1 that you can log on a laptop.

If everything is right your car should have no problem pulling to 6800...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
TRDownShift;1818009 said:
Well how Do I get the afr numbers? I mean other then buying a $400 wideband.... All I know is as of right now it runs better all around with the new AFM then it did with the old one. Is it really that dangerous to run the Lex AFM on a whats for the most part other then an intake a stock setup?

Yes it is that bad. It's bad enough that i'd call in late for work to change it out before driving again...

If you can't afford the wideband, you can't afford to make the car any more powerful.

Like the old saying goes, "dont put the cart before the horse."

Tuning a supra isn't cheap. Until you can afford the tools/parts to do it right, you shouldn't do it at all. You should have a wideband before you mess with air/fuel systems. If you try to cut corners and skip important steps you will end up with another busted, blown motor mk3. A small error in tuning can literally blow a motor in seconds. Count yourself lucky the ecu has as many failsafes as it does. When it sees something isn't right, it runs very rich. Rich is safe. Lean is lethal.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a dick. I don't mean to. The car is a fantastic piece of engineering and can be a boatload of fun. But you need to understand it requires significant work and preparation to make these perform the way you want for any length of time. I just want to make sure you get to enjoy that thing for as long as possible. :)

A stock supra that's healthy is 10x better than a "fast" supra that drives like shit.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk