Honda CB 360 - any good?

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I've never ridden a motorcycle but i found a 1975 honda CB 360 that needs a battery and a starter...

is that a good starter bike or one to play around with? its not much to look at but he might let me have it for 40 or 50 bux... i'm not sure how hard it would be to register though... hassle?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Junior said:
hassle to register yes, but good starter bike, probably better than anything that you'll find forsalle new today.

what can you tell me about the precess? i'm in California if that makes any difference.

i was thinking i'd get it, oil it up a bit/remove rust and then work on it this summer, so i wouldnt want it registered to RIDE right away...in face i want to avoid any payements that i can until i have my license to ride one.

but he's willing to let it go for 75 dollars right now. needs work but its not horrible. and it does look neat.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
ok, he said he'd let it go for 75 dollars...

can anybody estimate maybe how much this might cost to fix up? sandblast and paint stuff...and again he said it needs a starter and a battery..but not much else.

maybe after i fix it up a bit i could sell it and possibly make some money? its hard to tell. what do you guys and gals think?

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
lol...apparently.

well i cant get it. i thought my parents were cool with it but i guess not.

Last edited:

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
it's too bad you couldn't get it, you could have had it mechanically sound for probably under $200, it needed a battery forsure, starter no (it's got a kick, it's not a big bike). Tires looked decent, figure it'll likely need a set of brake pads which is $30ish, and then cleaning supplies, and carb cleaner. It'd definitly need a carb cleaning after sitting like that, odds are there'd need to be a fuel tank repair too.

as far as registering in Cali, I'm canadian, so I have no idea, but generally registering a bike that doesn't have an ownership is a pain, just go talk to the MTO/DOT whatever you wanna call it, the ministry, they'll tell you what needs to be done.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
he said a bill of sale...not sure about a title of if thats the same thing or not. it was last registered in 2003 and is still under the previous owner's name. i'll look on that again wheni get home, right now i'm just not sure.