Home-made 550cc Injector harness?

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
I'm collecting parts for the Lex AFM/550cc injector mod and I ran across this website while doing some research. (( http://rob.carlile.home.mchsi.com/lexus/lexus1.htm )) On this page, the author put up pictures of nice little adapter harnesses he made for his 550cc injectors instead of cutting and soldering his stock wire harness. I really like this idea because, as the author states, it would make it really easy to re-install the stock injectors if I ever decide to, and it looks pretty damn snazzy. My question is, has anyone on here done this? And if so, where can I find the plug that clips into the stock harness?

Here are a few pics to help clarify:

Here's the parts the author ordered out of some supply book. He gave no part numbers and I can't find a way to contact him to ask!
2vv5egl.jpg

The completed harness. I've already bought some nice heat-resistant mesh wire loom just like this.
311ugyf.jpg

The clip in question...
ojm4r9.jpg

Here's what they look like installed...
33e0okm.jpg

I can do it the way everyone else does it easy enough, but I think this would look pretty clean and would be a good way to preserve a virgin wire harness. Thanks in advance for any help!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i cant find it offhand, but there is a company around that make those. dont recall if it were the pieces or already put together. but i do remember it wasnt cheap. i looked at getting them to sell with injectors, but for the added price noone was that interested so i never followed thru.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
Thanks, you two! I'm going to look for Dr. Tweak as soon as I finish this post. While we're at it, is there a cheaper place to get injector clips than Driftmotion? They're about the cheapest so far at $5.50 a piece and it's not too much, but it still seems like a lot for what you're getting. Is this just the going rate and I'm being stingy?

Link: http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-injectorclip.php

EDIT: I've tried "Dr. Tweak" and several variations of it in 'search' and can't find a thing...

Last edited:

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
isnms;1491116 said:
When searching for a user, use the advance search.
It will start showing names as you type:

p1491122_1.gif

Yep! I've always use advanced search because I like searching for keywords in thread titles instead of in content. A while ago when I typed "Dr. Tweak" and a few variations into that same box you have circled, nothing came up. Of course now that I try it again, Dr. Tweak comes up no problem. Maybe I didn't wait long enough last time? At any rate, thanks! Good info!

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I would be interested in this as well. You would just need clips that plug into the stock connectors.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
ark86;1491193 said:
I would be interested in this as well. You would just need clips that plug into the stock connectors.

I'd think you'd need the clip I haven't found, and then whatever clip you need to plug into your aftermarket injectors. I sent Dr. Tweak a PM on here a bit ago, so we'll see what he has to say!

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
If you want to eliminate the use of a jumper harness and are willing to sacrifice ~2mm of wire, de-pin the existing connectors and snip off the terminal. Then head over to ballenger motorsports and buy 6 of these (assuming your injectors use EV1 plugs, which they probably do): http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/109_175/products_id/943
then, if you want to crimp them properly, head over to the electronics section and look for the crimper thread. a decent one can be had for <$30. Crimp the terminals, install in the plugs, and you've got a near-oem quality installation.

If you ever want to reverse the process, the stock injector open barrel terminals are available...

Dr Tweak

Hi, I got your PM.

I'm sure I could find those connectors, but dbsupra90 posted that link with what you're looking for already made and honestly $20 each is a great price for those assemblies already put together, my price would be pretty close if not higher.

-Doc

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
Dr Tweak;1495373 said:
Hi, I got your PM.

I'm sure I could find those connectors, but dbsupra90 posted that link with what you're looking for already made and honestly $20 each is a great price for those assemblies already put together, my price would be pretty close if not higher.

-Doc

Thanks for replying, Doc! I suppose I could understand that price considering how specific that product is, but I was planning on making it myself with some RC-compatible clips and that 'mystery clip' that plugs into the stock wire harness, not purchasing a ready-to-use harness. If you're looking to get rid of, or could point me in the right direction to those clips, I'd be very grateful! I just need the clip that plugs into the stock wire harness and that's about it!

Thanks again!