Holy sh*t, Viper, Nova, C5

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I got the new turbo slapped on friday. Tuned the car for 16psi, and went out cruising saturday night. I saw a blue nova and a newer black viper in the opposite lane. I whipped around and followed them out to the highway.

We came up to the Monona Terrace tunnel, and they punched it a bit at 40mph. I stayed with the viper and caught the nova a bit.

I follwed them out to the highway. I knew the viper was faster than me, but damn.. I had to try. They raced a couple times, same results as in the tunnel. I came up next to the Viper on hwy 18/151 and we slowed to 50mph. I punched it, the auto downshifted right into my powerband.

The Viper nails it next to me...and to my amazement isn't pulling as hard as I expected. We went from 50mph to 110, and he pulled 2 cars on me.

I got a thumbs up from a f*ckin Viper!

We went out to some twisties, and the Nova tried baiting me into racing. Of course, I accepted his challenge. We came to a light right on the outskirts of Madison, and I brake boosted 6psi. I had a car out of the hole, and pulled 3 more by 80mph. I decided I had enough, and went into the exit lane.

I got a thumbs up from a f*ckin Nova!

I headed back to the cruising spot...and what comes up next to me? a white c5 corvette vert with an exhaust.

We lined up at 40mph. He got the hit and jumped a little bit while I spooled, but I quickly made up that difference and pulled a car by 65mph.

One VERY noble loss, 2 sweet kills. I'm a 60-1 compressor wheel away from being a Viper Killer! Definitely glad I didn't go drinking with the Madison Muscle Mustang guys.

SAFC2, STOCK TURBO @ 16psi, defcon dp, catless, blitz nur spec, 550's, walbro, afpr, lex afm, trans cooler, shimmed trans accumulators, tight kickdown cable, mk4tt wheels, 12.0:1 afr's

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
nice! i can't wait to take down, (or lose against) some big boys!

it's too bad there aren't any vipers around here... :(

-shaeff

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I ran into the viper guy again today, guys! This time, no timing retardation from the knock sensor....finally took care of the loose wire.

Went back on the highway with him, brake boosted and did the 3 honk ritual. 40-100 I I PULLED A FENDER!

I'm seriously flipping out!

*Does the "My mk3 supra just bagged a Big Snake!" victory dance*

Moral of the story this time.....FIX YOUR KNOCK SENSOR!

:aigo: :icon_bigg :icon_razz :love: :icon_surp :naughty: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :love: :love:

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
redmkiii said:
How many ponies you putting to the ground?
Nice Kills by the way.

no idea, been waiting for a local shop to get their mustang dyno put in. I do know that im at 16-17psi, 14 degrees timing, and have a solid 12.2:1 afr :biglaugh: probably close to 330 through the auto. car weighs 3567 with my fat ass in it

im conviced the guy couldn't drive, though hard to believe when it was a roll race. the numbers say he woulda beat me the second time around, but the supra took the win

T.T.L., nothin wrong with an auto.
I love going...
boost boost boost boost PSSSH
rather than...
boost pssh boost pssh boost pssh boost pssh boost psssssh

^the manual even takes longer in text...

/drunken post

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
True dat!! I love not losing boost between (granny) shifts! [/F&F reference]
I always catch slack about my car being an auto and, even though it hasn't ran since I got it, I always tell them one thing: You keep loving the sound of your BOV, I'll keep loving the sound of my turbo staying spooled :D

Snotcycle

Jul 16, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
hehe i've mentioned this before, boosting 10psi on stock BOV i only dip to 6psi on shifts with my 5spd, its all about the mad tight JDM short shifta~!

Edit: this is NOT to start another auto vs. manual war, just clarifying that manuals don't lose much boost on shifts if you are a good driver.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Nice kills....Next time with the Viper,just be 60-1 and 20 psi as I am pushing
right now with almost the same setup as yours.You will be killing my man !
Also a future conversion to 5-Speed manual trans will be much better I think.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great kills, and I loved that I could understand the whole story without trying to decipher alot of slang hip hop phrases. I'm thirty six you know and not as hip as I once was......................:biglaugh: