Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
omg ugly as hell:

frontmotor.JPG

Damn that's nasty
injector.JPG

It's hard to look at right?
fugly.JPG

USDM 2j cams are in as well as the 550's. I scaled back my fuel values and it started right up last night. Albeit a little rich but I'll tune it this week. Made the o2 flange and put it on as well as finised the 2" dump for the WG it's gonna sound nasty. Today is finish the downpipe and put in my shiny new Uras jzx81 cat back :) Btw, today is my birthday. I hope it can drive as my present. I wanna drive it soooo bad!

Last edited:

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
That was just the "hey it's done" video. Sorry if I'm the only one who's happy by this.

First impressions are pretty good. I made sure it's hella rich and drove it around. Spool is pretty good the wastegate cracks open under 4k rpm. I think I can get it to spool faster after tuning. It's still faster at 3krpm than the stock stuff so I think this will turn out great. I'm going to try and get on the dyno tonight. Just for you Ric :)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
hahahaha im happy for ya man it was just funny

all this anticipation and then a 5 sec video of 1st gear LOLOL

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
okay it looks like I'll be tuning tomorrow night. It's coming down to truth or consequences here. Omg will it live up to my $250 expectations?

1jzneil: care to predict? You seem to be the only one here that's qualified.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
yeah I know. aem uego went in last night. I dont wanna drive it too hard until I tune it.

Drifting video I can promise. Dyno video? If you guys want but I think it's kind of boring.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I want to see the dyno just to hear what it sounds like, some pics to see what it looks like set up would be nice too. #s are the most important part :p

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
I drove it all day tuning fuel and got it nice and rich. Right now it's hitting 10psi at 3700-3800 in 3rd. 4th and 5th is even lower. Please keep in mind I have very conservative timing curves on it right now since I don't have a knock sensor. Even with pussy timing and 10psi it's faster than my stock stuff at 15-16psi. Sure spool isn't as good but it doesn't fall on it's face at 5krpm either.

On the way home I had fun with an ls1 firebird 3rd-4th gear. Really cool guy too thumbs up and all that.

More updates as they come.

1jzneil

1jz destroyer
Feb 25, 2006
warren, michigan
sorry i cannot predict any hp and tq numbers cuz there are just too many variables. although i can say that i am putting mine back onto my car in the next few weeks also and i cant wait to have it back !