Hola

1jz_Roxy

Hi everyone! My name is Roxane and I live in Pomona, CA. I own a '90 black twin turbo 1jz Supra. I used to have an '87 black 4Runner that was also turbo. What a change when I got my Supra. Took me awhile getting used to slowing down for potholes and parking dividers. I sometimes forget I'm driving a 1jz when people try to race me. I know I can probably beat them if I tried, it's just I'm afraid I'll spin the car out of control and cause another fender to cave in. :eek: I've actually been known to out run other vehicles without knowing they were racing me or just trying to catch up.:icon_bigg

Anyway, I'm learning to control the ferocious beast that lurks underneath the hood, but it will take some time until I tame it. My other half thinks I'm a little nuts when I drive. I can't stand having him as a back seat driver. He tells me drive slower and more cautiously, and yet he can't wait to do unexpected burn outs and speed passed six cars on the freeway onramp without any warning. I just grab the "oh shit" handle and bare with it. There is no other way, really. I used to sock him in the stomach afterwards and he'd apologize... Then, without any question, he'd do it again. So, I just gave up after several punches.

Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is, life is too short... And with a Supra 1jz, it can be short yet sweet.:boobies:

Our Supras

My old 4Runner

Last edited by a moderator:

1jz_Roxy

I met Jen at SILV 06
p478938_1.jpg

1jz_Roxy

Just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome!:icon_bigg