HKS VPC IAT Placement

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Does the VPC act as a FCD when using the 550 chip on board? Just trying to figure if I need to get a FCD or not. Im assuming it does so in the same way the Lex AFM raises it to 21psi iirc.

Thanks

Last edited:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Anyone have suggestions on where to place the IAT sensor for the VPC. The harness is long enough that I could potentially mount the sensor on the IC piping in the fender well area. However HKS instructs the IAT sensor be placed in the 3000 Pipe or if possible the Intake Manifold. Would either of the 3 locations have any effect on tuning?

Thanks

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
For an eternity I had mine placed into my HKS 3000 pipe, but when I removed the HKS IC Kit, I moved it into the pipe after the intercooler for it to be subjected to less heat soak. The intake manifold will also cause more heat soak. There are many pro & con arguments for where to place temperature probes within an air tract system, so just pick one that works best for you. For me, the less heat soak, the better. For the performance of the VPC "I" don't think it matters that much.