HKS gear indicator!

mark3

Aug 12, 2007
essex
www.mobilemechanic.org
Hi all, has anyone got or does anyone know where the wiring diag can be found for an HKS A/T gear possition indicator ??

i got one to fit and its only 5 little itsy bitsy wires but i got no daigram for what colour to what colour to connect???

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I've got it......
It may take a while for me to figure out what box I have it stuck in, but I will get it posted sometime today.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Note that there are 2 Toyota diagrams, so you will have to determine which ECU pin-out is correct.
Also note that there is a selector switch under the rear cover to set it for either Toyota or Nissan.

HKS-AGI.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

mark3

Aug 12, 2007
essex
www.mobilemechanic.org
gofastgeorge;1522433 said:
Note that there are 2 Toyota diagrams, so you will have to determine which ECU pin-out is correct.
Also note that there is a selector switch under the rear cover to set it for either Toyota or Nissan.

HKS-AGI.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

Gofastgeorge your a star! thank you so soo much!!!

mark3

Aug 12, 2007
essex
www.mobilemechanic.org
Right guys, i got all excited over nothing! both them diagrams dont match my pinout on my MA70 turbo auto, the connections of the 3 next to each other wont work and the engine ecu dont have gear possition info either so i need to wire this to the ect ecu which isnt a problem BUT i need to know what colour wire does what on the HKS unit! i tried winging it, black to earth, red to B+ or an ign live and it lit up green with 2nd in Red, i have 3 signal wires so i assume 2 are for S1 and S2 and the 3rd for SL (lockup) as it has an indication for that too, but im not sure Red is actually for a basic live as it shows gears are selected when still in N.

The thinking is the 2x digrams above are for a JZA70 or 80 but there isnt enough rows of contacts per ecu connector for them to be from a JZ ecu!

So can anyone shed any light on this bloody thing, lol i sent emails to HKS technical but as yet i got no reply!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
gofastgeorge;1522433 said:

HKS-AGI.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

every time i see this this i wish i saw some of thous threads

but i really don't see the point in this box

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I would imagine it would be useful for A/T guys to see what gear they're in when compared to RPMs showing on their gauge. M/T owners already have the benefit of "knowing" or "feeling" where the RPMs are relative to shifting, but people who own A/T's don't usually catch on (like me!).

I for one would want one simply to gauge my RPMs to the gear it's in.

So, nobody answered my question. Anyone figure out the differences in the diagrams (i.e. - which ECU pinouts are which, maybe based on year of your car), or whether or not anyone has had any success installing one yet? I still may get one of these.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
figgie;1606988 said:
The SDL/SDL3/ADL2/ADL3 is more useful as a gear indicator than that thing is!

Have no idea what that is, but I get the feeling this thing is pure junk (duh!). Better money to be spent elsewhere (headgasket, studs, Suprastick, etc...).Curious. What exactly is the "SDL/SDL3/ADL2/ADL3" anyway?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Drake69;1607190 said:
Have no idea what that is, but I get the feeling this thing is pure junk (duh!). Better money to be spent elsewhere (headgasket, studs, Suprastick, etc...).Curious. What exactly is the "SDL/SDL3/ADL2/ADL3" anyway?

All different models of the MoTeC dash display from most inexpensive to the most expensive.