hks dragger exhaust

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
So I just put my new exhaust on today. 3" Hks super dragger with a magnaflow hi-flow cat. I bought it and was told that it should be a little loud and I put it on and it is not loud at all. That's not a bad thing though I still like it, just was wondering if anyone else has this exhaust and they think its loud? I watched videos and it sounded kind of loud, I have a 3" bic divorced downpipe on the way but not here yet. I know that will make it louder when I hit boost but will it make the exhaust tone any different. It supposed to be a deep rumble I thought...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
The stock downpipe also has a cat in it and will muffle the sound. The BIC DP will change the sound a little bit (more raspy) but your hi-flow cat will still eat up a lot of that sound. The cars you see in videos usually dont have any cats so they're louder.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have the dragger exhaust and its quiet

the only time its a little louder is in lower rpms (just about anything under 3000 rpms) it has a deep rumble that i like and even then i wouldn't consider that to be loud at all

thats with a ddp, 3in test pipe, and the dragger exhaust

i can hear the turbo spool, when the wastegate opens and my bov, i think i made a really good choice when i got it

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
It is one of the quieter exhaust choices. I'm running a BIC DDP-R, test pipe and the Dragger cat back. At idle the tone is low and I think it sound mean. At WOT the tone is still low and it is more of a roar. I like it quieter, I'm not trying to attract attention.

5l_eater

I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT !
Jan 17, 2007
Maryland
supernova i have the same set up 1j with hks exhaust and greddy dp and test pipe but mine doesnt run yet would u mind making a vid so i can see /hear what it sounds like ?

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Yea I like it quiet, and it looks really good. I don't want to attract attention to people or sound like all the hondas that are around here.

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Iv'e heard the dragger was a bit on the quiet side. Last summer, I Actually got the chance to hear a 7m with ddp, gutted cat, and the dragger and its definatly decieving with the way the muffler looks and all. My car with stock DP and everything 2.5" straight piped behind it with a cheep-o muffler sounds way lounder IMO, not that I'm a fan of that.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I run an HKS Dragger on my MKIII. It's insanely quiet.

Now the Tanabe Racing Medallion on my hardtop MKIV, that's loud like you wouldn't believe...

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Even the Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Exhaust on a mk3 supra is loud..not sure if the dudes car it was on had a cat or not but its definetly louder then one would expect. (as Tanabe advertises it to be really quiet)

SuperNova

May 29, 2008
Grand Prairie, Texas
5l_eater;1270166 said:
supernova i have the same set up 1j with hks exhaust and greddy dp and test pipe but mine doesnt run yet would u mind making a vid so i can see /hear what it sounds like ?

I haven't installed it yet. I should have the engine in within a month if all goes as planned, then I will post a video.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Guess im a ricer then.. My Blitz NurSpec is loud as hell.

Also there's no way in hell a turbo I6 will sound like a NA I4 with an exhaust.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I'm the one that recommended this exaust to him althought I thought it was going to be alittle louder. I kinda expected it to sound similar to the OBX supra drager knock off but slightly better. I was deffinately wrong lol.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
I have the dragger, it's a little too quiet I thinks.

My older brother had a blitz nurspec and it was teh sex.

I do like hearing the turbo though, I could barely hear it in my last supra.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Does anybody feel like posting a video or sound clip of the dragger?
935 has a thread of many different exhaust sound videos/clips but the hks dragger isn't 1 of them.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
It looks good that's the point and of course helps the turbo spool faster an the engine can breathe a little better that's what matters l think I don't care about the sound. But there is a slight rattle that I can here and I think its coming from the cat... Maybe they dropped it during delivery doesn't that ruin cats??