hks dp problem

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
my hks downpipe hits the transmission mount bracket to the point where i can't bolt the bracket on. the guy i bought the dp from modified it to a full 3" so theres no flex section anymore. right at the end of the dp it bends towards the middle of the car and hits the tranny bracket. i'm stuck on what i should do to fix this. anyone have this problem with their hks dp?

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i had the same problem with that downpipe. I ultimately removed that bracket (if its the same one im thinking of). Your other option is to either get a flex section welded back on (good idea if you dont want to crack your manifold) or gets it welded so its positioned properly.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
sneakypete;1144392 said:
i had the same problem with that downpipe. I ultimately removed that bracket (if its the same one im thinking of). Your other option is to either get a flex section welded back on (good idea if you dont want to crack your manifold) or gets it welded so its positioned properly.

not sure if you're thinking about the same bracket. i'm talking about the one that bolts the end of the transmission to the chassis. don't think you'd want to leave that one off.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
natedogr;1144508 said:
not sure if you're thinking about the same bracket. i'm talking about the one that bolts the end of the transmission to the chassis. don't think you'd want to leave that one off.

oh... that one i would leave on. i was talking about this other bracket which sticks out and seems like its purpose is to support the downpipe.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
sneakypete;1145129 said:
oh... that one i would leave on. i was talking about this other bracket which sticks out and seems like its purpose is to support the downpipe.

oh well that one is for the stocker though anyway. so thats not the issue