highly modified vvti 2jz-gte

THMotorsports

hvyman;1913951 said:
More torque down low and a broader power range.

Absolutely. I have been the hugest proponent of VVT-i and how helpful it is. More difficult to tune but worth every penny. It's funny how everyone here in the USA uses regular 2JZ's but you ask a person from Japan or Australia what they think of us not using vvti and they think were stupid. lol.... seriously. Wtf are lexus is300 owner pulling out their motors for non-vvti 2jzgte's. because they want a FFIM!? haha....

THMotorsports

hvyman;1913951 said:
More torque down low and a broader power range.

Absolutely. I have been the hugest proponent of VVT-i and how helpful it is. More difficult to tune but worth every penny. It's funny how everyone here in the USA uses regular 2JZ's but you ask a person from Japan or Australia what they think of us not using vvti and they think were stupid. lol.... seriously. Wtf are lexus is300 owner pulling out their motors for non-vvti 2jzgte's. because they want a FFIM!? haha....

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I would do a VVT-i 2JZ if I could. As THMotorsports said, they're a lot more difficult to tune but the fact that not everyone on this side of the world does them along with how much more the VVT-i gives you, it's just better IMO.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
This is pretty cool comparison

[video=youtube;w-WCUSfulFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-WCUSfulFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Thanks for the replys, this is very interesting. So to my understanding, this would allow you to run a larger turbocharger, with reduced lag and no need for a quick spool valve?

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
If you want to feel the difference in something you can really tell... go jump into a newer 4runner. Compared to the old ones they have WAY more low end torque. The vvt-i is seamless and is worth every last penny.

Plus you should get better fuel economy when your out of the throttle cruizin' down the road.