highest SPL in a supra

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
maitai69691 said:
just hight a 142.6 Db this weekend at a car show here at FT campbell KY. Is there any one else out there hiting any thing close

In my 85 I hit 151Db (gotta love an 18" woofer)

In my 89 I popped 152 but nothing would make it louder....

I had 4 6.5 components up front, 4 12's 4 8's and 2 15's at one point...

I had to add 2 optima batteries and a 170 amp alternator as my system on Techmaster PEB would kill the battery... Plus toyota alternators are not cheap!!!

I ended up backing off to 3 JL 12w6s and kept the front stage of MB quarts as that was the perfect sound for me...

I have to say JL makes some wicked woofers... So did Kicker and Orion back in the day...

V

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
i was in the low 140's as well, i forget though, it was so long ago (10 yrs ago).... i had 4 x12" mtx black gold subs and only running about 35w rms to each from one amp (it was stolen before i could buy a bigger amp), it would have hit 150 no problem.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I'll have to check what Vince did back when he was competing. I want to say it was the 150s somewhere. Took the state championship in his class here in Oregon for two years running - IIRC. Was only running the two 10s in the back + upgraded speakers in the stock locations. DAMN that thing was tuned well - not like the clown that drives down my street at home shaking my house.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
maitai69691 said:
just hight a 142.6 Db this weekend at a car show here at FT campbell KY. Is there any one else out there hiting any thing close

Ha ive got you i did a 142.8 last summer. It had another 5-7 db's in her but the box wasnt up to the task, then one sub failed so i tore it all out in the name of speed.

Once i do my turbo goal i may go back and try to hit 150's with two 12's , thats good and loud in a street car