Highest HP on stock clutch disc + upgraded PP?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Currently running a RPS Max Dual Diaphram Pressure Plate with the stock Aisin disk. I'm still in the break in period but feel confident that it will hold at my power levels. My Spec Stage 3 clutch didn't.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I've never had a stock clutch hold more than a stock CT. You are not making enough power to kill a Spec 3 nor is that at all what happened to your clutch.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Mine was slipping, but my PP was a POS. Car did 292whp with 10psi and next to no modifications. (pretty much just full exhaust) I'm putting a borg warner 60mm T4 on it, so I'm trying to weigh my options here. currently driving around w/ the ACT HD w/ sprung 6-puck. I should be pulling the trans out thurs. and am contemplating putting either the stock FW or stock clutch disc back in. Using a chromoly 13.5 lb flywheel ATM. Only reason I'm thinking about doing either is cause I drive the car a LOT. I need to get another DD but I've got a lot of other expenses ATM. Aside from that I'd like the car to be as street-able as possible while still holding a minimum of 400whp but the 8375 turbo should put out more than that....

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Quin;2005676 said:
I've never had a stock clutch hold more than a stock CT. You are not making enough power to kill a Spec 3 nor is that at all what happened to your clutch.

Even before catastrophic failure, the Spec Stage 3 would slip under hard pulls in 4th gear. Was probably laying down close to 500hp at the time. Won't know for sure until my next dyno pull.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Why would you run a stiffer pressure plate (that will wear the thrust washers in the engine) and not just a more aggressive disk?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Scooter7M;2007060 said:
Quit being cheap and get a better clutch faggot.
my clutch setup is rated for 570 ft/lbs. I'm sorry you're so poor you couldnt imagine someone having more than 1 clutch :nono:

Because I do so much driving, I was contemplating using a stock disc with my pressure plate that feels very close to stock. I opted for a heavier flywheel instead.

Good chance I'll pick up a full-face southbend disc in the future. Not until I thoroughly wear out this new six puck disc.