Higher compression+lower boost= more power????

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
so i was just wondering, my motors apart right now, and i have a brand new set of oem 7mge and gte pistons. if i was to put the ge pistons in my gte,with eagle rods and if i ran the same 10psi of boost on 8.5, would bumping up the compression raise the power levels up safely?? i dont want any detonation or knocking. i just got the idea from reading the new mag from dsport, saying if u raise compression u dont need to have as much boost to make the same power.

my motors fully built head wise, bc cams/springs/valves/retainers. block just has clevite bearings and eagle rods, just stumped on pistons. kinda new to higher compression. im so used to boosted cars on 8.5 safely.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
There are several factors, including things you don't control like quality of fuel you have. And combustion chamber design, which is already optimized by Toyota to not detonate. 9.2:1 isn't exactly high compression. 8.4 is a built in safety margin. In case you couldn't tell, Toyota doesn't build many vehicles on the ragged edge.