High Impedance Injectors???

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Im trying to find out if there is a way to get a hold of some used or just cheap high impedance injectors. Looking for a 680cc or some where around there. I have already made plans for a set of the RC's but thought I'd ask first and see.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
I would have to question the need for high impedance injectors ESPECIALLY in our cars.

Wehave an inline resistor pack. If you took it out. Then you are on your own.

On the high impendance injector front. Sieman Denka makes them up to 680 cc/min.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
bluezone;1176892 said:
if i recall ligh impedance injectors open and close slower. less percise.

That is the old high imp injectors. New ones are actually more precise and as quick as the low imp with none of the ill effects (Open bounce due to high current pull).

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
RC makes high imedance injectors.

Maybe he means cheap as in used. I know the honda guys run high imedance a lot.

bluezone

Jul 15, 2008
ont.
figgie;1176895 said:
That is the old high imp injectors. New ones are actually more precise and as quick as the low imp with none of the ill effects (Open bounce due to high current pull).
thanks for the heads up.

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Of course I ment cheap as in price not quality. I should have said that this is for a stand-alone. The new high imp. injectors have no ill manners and are ez-er to tune. Think I will stick with the plan and get the R/Cs.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Txsupra;1176936 said:
Of course I ment cheap as in price not quality. I should have said that this is for a stand-alone. The new high imp. injectors have no ill manners and are ez-er to tune. Think I will stick with the plan and get the R/Cs.

Time out!

I never said that!

I said that they do not have no ill effects of the open bounce but easier to tune is all relative to the tuner doing the tuning. Still need to know the open charachteristics of the injector in question.