high idle wtf?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ok so I have been having this issue for the last couple weeks. The engine is idling at 1200 rpms, I have replaced the iscv and put new spark plugs in. I have checked all the plugs for the iscv and it is getting full power. I have checked for vacuum leaks and I can't find any to save my life. Only thing I have done different to the motor is go single. Here are the changes i did.

GT45 turbo
AFPR
Walbro 255 pump
440 injectors
3" exhaust all the was back

Thats about it, any help would be great cause I am kinda stumped here.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
same things been happening to my 7m too after my rebuld no codes ,,its driving me crazy.... .. where is normal idle supposed to be ?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Thanks for the response guys, I have checked for vac leaks everyone and nothing. As for timing isn't that all controlled through the ecu? I just ordered greddy e-manage blue, with hopes of being able to adjust all this bs. Does anyone have a clue if the e-manage will have me alittle with this problem?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, the timing isn't adjustable now that I think about it (one of the quirks of the JZ engines). Still, sounds like something changed, I'd be checking all the connections.

If it's a mechanical issue like a vac leak, the emanage isn't going to be much help, and if it is, it's just a bandaid for the real issue.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
ok cool thanks for the heads up, I have checked and double checked all connections and possible leak areas. To my knowledge everything seems up to par so maybe it is the timing needing a little loving. Which if I am correct I should be able to adjust with the emanage right, atleast thats what I think i read.

digihonk82

Mar 28, 2011
Olathe, KS
---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

If your car Isnt warming up the way the computer expects it to it may be maintaining the "warm-up" mode. You should verify you cooling system is up to snuff also...

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
I know the thermostat is working correctly I tested that about a month ago, and I have bleed the system and all that jazz. So I don't think it would be ea cooling issue but I will double check it all just to be safe.

digihonk82

Mar 28, 2011
Olathe, KS
When your coolant is hot it pressurizes the whole cooling system. Whn ur car's fully warmed is the upper rad. hose hard like rock?

digihonk82

Mar 28, 2011
Olathe, KS
My brother always said "a healthy cooling system should be capable of bleeding itself", and he's right. As long as there are zero leaks in the entire system of hoses, housings, radiators, etc.. all of the air will eventually be bled out through the radiator cap. That's assuming your cap is functioning properly as well. P.S. I actually bought my current Supra with a bad rad. cap that was always letting pressure out and never letting the coolant get hot and I was experiencing similar idleing issues!! Without codes it would be my best guess!

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Not to beat a dead horse.... but is maybe one of the seals that go between the fuel rail and manifold knocked out of place and creating a vacuum leak?

If one was totally missing it'd idle much higher than 1200, but if one was halfway knocked out of place...

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
^^^^ Yea I am going to be taking off the intake today and rechecking everything along with the wiring. So hopefully I find something today ha. Thanks for all your guys input, I will be deffently taking all this into consideration.

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
Mine started doin this after i did my ecu swap..i finally figured out what it was the other day. sometimes when i come to a stop it'll idle at 1200 and sometimes it'll be at 800..i went to the throttle body and there's like the two diff brackets for throttle cables...i guess the one if more cruise control?? there's a adjusted screw on the front and on the back..my throttle plate is kinda gummed up and is kinda stiff once it gets close to closed throttle. i grabbed the bracket(for cruise i'm guessing) and closed it and it actually shut the car off. lol. that screw towards the back was out of adjustment and the throttle plate was a lil gummed up. causing the throttle plate to hang open a weeee bit. just an idea. figured i'd throw it out there.