HG choices

GTEpowered

Apr 25, 2009
Sacramento CA.
I've searched the forum and really didn't found what I was really wanting to know... I just like to kno if there is any headgasket brand out there that does not require to deck block/head? I won't be having time to do a complete mhg. (7mGTE)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
for some reason i dont think you searched very hard, head gaskets are probably the #1 thoroughly covered topic on this forum. If you dont want to /cant go MHG, stock toyota or felpro with ARP studs is generally the way to go.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
GTEpowered;1514658 said:
I just like to kno if there is any headgasket brand out there that does not require to deck block/head? (7mGTE)

so basically you are wanting to just pull the head and put another head gasket on there and then re-bolt the head on?

if yes, then i look forward to your next thread about why my car over heats as i just did a hg replacement the ghetto way even though is expect it should have gone more than 5k miles(at max) and now i think the 7m is a crap motor so i should just go jz even tho i dont no crap about how engines work.

cheers!

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
CyFi6;1514668 said:
for some reason i dont think you searched very hard, head gaskets are probably the #1 thoroughly covered topic on this forum. If you dont want to /cant go MHG, stock toyota or felpro with ARP studs is generally the way to go.

I would agree.

I know sometimes you have to take the short cut when there is not the time or the money to do it the right way (daily driver your only car...), I understand hvyman's point, but imo as long as you understand the risk in taking the short cut and when it does fail and blow again that it was because your fix is temporary and not permanent, then by all means take that route to get it back on the road till you can do a tear down.

Good Luck either way...