hey, I just picked up a Supra

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
so I figured I should finally sign up here, I've been lurking for awhile now since I new I would be getting the car for a month or so.
so ya, my name is Rich and I just picked up a 88 supra, pearl white Targa, 5spd. the car is rough but I am looking forward to the work, Ive liked this body style for as long as I can remember

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
ok so please be nice lol

these are how it was when I first went to look at it
p955490_1.jpg

p955490_2.jpg

p955490_3.jpg

p955490_4.jpg

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
and here is how it sits at the moment, Ive only had it since the weekend and I work alot of hours through the week
p955494_1.jpg

p955494_2.jpg

p955494_3.jpg

p955494_4.jpg

p955494_5.jpg

all I have been able to do sofar is clean it up abit so the niebors won't complain and survey the damage
it sat outside with the roof off for over 2 years (maybe closer to 4) so I have to strip it down to the floorboards and clean or replace everything in the interior, the fenders are rotted thru(not a big deal to weld them up and repaint is needed anyhow), lots of little dings and dents everywhere. it runs but not well, so I have some work there for sure
but none of this is new to me so as long as I can find time it will get done.
thanks for the interest guys!!

please don't be to hard on her, I've wanted a MKIII for a LONG time, and I have revived worse

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
You got a SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT load of work ahead of you.. I guess start looking for a doner car...for parts... Ive seen a few real cheap with real nice interior - the shift boot and arm rest ofcourse..Enjoy it and might as well trick out the interior while you are at it...

Good luck and keep us posted... the wash job was a 110% diferance

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
You've got a lot of work ahead of you, but if you've restored things like this before, you know what you are getting into. I built a streetrod from a '46 Ford Coupe that sat inside a barn for 40 years with birds,mice & cats shitting on it and living in it all that time. This probably won't be half as bad as that.

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
thanks guys, ya I have been thru this before, but on domestics where parts are alittle easier to comeby so I will be hunting around here for info and good parts sources, does anyone know if I can get the brackets that hold the front of the lower underdoor peice to the fender, mine seem to have rusted away completely, there is nothing left of them on both sides :p
if not I can make something up but it makes the car look like it has wings as it sits right now lol
also on my todo list for this weekend is a new window motor for the passengers side and a fuel filter

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
luckily there aren't any gigantic differences between MKIII's of any year, so you can pretty much pick and piece together a nice car for not a whole lot...

What do you plan to achieve with the car?

modded or restored, or a bit of both..?

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Welcome to the forum. And thank you for showing this (rough) beauty a lil MKIII love. Yeah, you have some work ahead of you; but most Supras are going to be work, maybe some more than others. Plz post more pics as you go, sir. Thank you.

Last edited:

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
RazoE: probly alittle of both, I already have a few to many "project cars" that have gotten out of hand

GotBoost: I will try to keep the pics coming, sometimes you just get moving to fast to grab a camera, but I will try my best

cool chuck

I like rims!
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
Wow...welcome to the forums. You got work but if you've done similar work(even with domestics) you should be ok. This place is awealth of MK3 information too.
You can find lots of part in the for sale section here on Supramania.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
do you have any engine pics? getting it runing well i would think would be most important. Is there anyway you can get it on a lift? Take a look underneath to see if there are major rust issues that may,unfortunately,make this Supra a donor car.
Everything else should fall into place if its in good condition.
Hell,i'll even donate a steering wheel to get you started!

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
I will try to remember to snap some engine bay pics when I have daylight, I have no lift handy, but it will be going up on stands for just that purpose, it would have to have ALOT of rust for me to give up on it though, I am a decent welder and I have a nice Miller to work with at home.
resently I had to rebuild the black Cavalier vert you can see behind the supra in the pics, I had a "little accident"
p957518_1.jpg

and here it is now (please don't hate me):aigo:
p957518_2.jpg

mutt

Mar 7, 2008
chilliwack BC
supraman7mgte : Really?? that would be great!!
let me check the car out more and make sure I will be able to use it, but I will definatly take you up on that if it comes to it!

Rich