Hey, Gaboon?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good Lord... skimming through comments like that makes me realize how rare women like Theresa and my girlfriend are, those who think with their brains rather than that evil piece of meat in your chest that leads to bat-shit-baby-crazy comments being spilled from the mouths of many.

All I could interpret from his post on there was "hey, good things she didn't have kids to grow up in her crack house." Did I miss some deeper meaning that he was writing about? Has the world become so shallow that "do some drugs and sing a few songs" is enough to elevate someone to being an idol? Hell... sadly, her death will do more good than harm to her career. She didn't have time to slowly burn out into irrelevance and be thrown out by the cruel world of pop music. That's why I can't stand that shit in the first place. No matter how big Lady Gaga is today, in 5, 10 years... she'll just be another Latoya Jackson, or Paula Abdul. :nono:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
te72;1740886 said:
That's why I can't stand that shit in the first place. No matter how big Lady Gaga is today, in 5, 10 years... she'll just be another Latoya Jackson, or Paula Abdul. :nono:
While that's usually truth, there are exceptions... take Madonna, for instance, or if you want an even older example, Etta James.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack;1740929 said:
take Madonna, for instance

Best Madonna film ever:

[video=youtube;7i2m7W1CR3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2m7W1CR3w[/video]

Also shows BMW knows a thing or two about selling cars, Toyota should take lessons...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
First part...

"what is this I don't even"

Second part...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep, just another movie that makes me want a BMW (Transporter is the first)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grimjack, you make a good point with Madonna and Etta James. But for every one of those, there's 1000 more that are brushed aside... real music holds relevance decades later. :)

Nice post Mike, difference between BMW and Toyota though, is that BMW still makes cars that you could DO a video like that with. I don't see a Camry having the same effect... LFA or an IS-F, maybe, but technically speaking...