[/IMG]
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]
hope you guys like it...let me know what you think

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
VERY interesting setup on the FMIC and radiator, kinda like a v-mount on an FD RX7. Looks like a real clean motor, congrats.

-J

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
wow! my brother and i were just debating about how there is no way in hell you could do a V-mount ic on the mk3 chassis. :bowdown: guess i was wrong

driftingsteveo

Jun 22, 2005
hey guys thanks for the feed back....yes its very possible to do the v-mount...all it takes is time and cash(that part sucks).....no, no vented hood...problem with that is that the vent would alter the air flow....insted of forcing the air up it would push down the air and defeat what i set out to do...insted we raised the rear of the hood to force it to pull the air threw the intercooler and across the valve cover........cooling both the engine and the intercooler...and drawing the hot air out of the engine bay...yeah spool up is great (not the best compaired to the 2j twins) but the boost responce is instant....no drop like conventional fmic due to the shorter piping on the v-mount....ill upload some more pics....car and all ....thanks guys

driftingsteveo

Jun 22, 2005
i havent really had the time to test verses the stock set up...im going to need some one else with the same engine mods as me to test accuratly...so if any one has a supra with a 1jz....with HKS 272 cams and adjustable cam gears, HKS 3in down pipe , and upgaded intercooler and intake ...then let me know

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
How did you modify the front members to accept that design?

I thoght ( key word THOUGHT) of doing that a while back....never had the chance though to realize the idea.

clean motor!

Like the HID kit too :icon_cool

driftingsteveo

Jun 22, 2005
we first cut off the upper core support....then added braces to the sides of the support then built a cage for the intercooler and the radiator....after that we added another brace under the intercooler to act as a core support to aliminate the front nose from flexing under extreme angles and hard cornering

1jzsupraguy

Apr 6, 2005
Milwaukee
the other day i was just looking at my engine bay and wondering if there was a way to do a v-mount set up. Does cutting the radiator support affect anything? i would think it would help strengthen the chassis just a little. the only reason that i know of is why people do this is cooling and shorter path from turbo to manifold which provides better response. is there any other benefits of the v-mount? one more question, what kind of fans are you running?

driftingsteveo

Jun 22, 2005
well cutting the radiator support (core support) did affect it in an adverse way..by removing it,,it weakend the front of car ...if left alone the front would have ben flexing way too much (like cheao front end conversions) so we had to brace it around the setup but in a way that it looked factory...as seen in the photos...other than the shorter path for the turbo pressure and the improved responce...with the added cooling thats about all the performance youll get....im running dual flexalite fans

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
damn sweet as shit. but how in the hell did you get the rad to stay in place, did you have to fab a crossbar for the bottom. btw this is it you have now made me rethink about switching to the 1j. thanks man.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
That is a very origional, "cool" idea! I really like fresh new ideas that use some inginuity like yours did. Nice job!
The only thing I am concerned about is if this will offer enough increase in airflow that the Flexalite fans will be ok. Flexalite fans can barely keep a 1j cool in 70deg weather, let alone climbing a big hill in the summer. Are you going to put big vents in the hood? I would like to see it from the front. Another thing I notice is the "hot air intake" with the turbo heat shield removed. I think putting that heat shield back on would be a good idea, especially with a twin turbo setup like the 1j has.

Last edited: