Help..

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
I just changed the clutch on my mk3 along with a new slave and master cylinder. I bleeded the lines, i adjusted my pedal and everything was put in properly. My question now is it doesnt go into gear. What's going on?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
How did you bleed the clutch?
Is the shift fork moving when you step on the pedal?
Did you setup the throwout bearing and pilot bearing correctly?

What kind of clutch did you go with? All pressure plates bolt torqued down to the same torque?

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
i Went with a exedy oem clutch. everything is bolted on correctly, the setup is fine, i didnt pay attention to the fork moving? I bleeded the clutch through the slave and the master..

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Of course he did. Didn't he twice say everything was put in properly? ;)

Kinda off topic but I just overhauled my original clutch master and slave yesterday along with doing an on-the-car fuel injector cleaning. The cylinders weren't leaking and in good condition so I used rebuild kits then vacuum bled the system. Piece of cake.

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
yea guys trust me everything is in right. it's getting really frustrating because i dont know what else to do. oh and my reverse grinds when i try to engage it?

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Clutch is in backwards, loose/kinked/broken line, defective master/slave(especially if its Auto Zone brand, I went through a couple before I got a good one from somewhere else), you adjusted the pedal too much, or any combination of the above.

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
i didnt go with an autozone brand, i went through a different autoparts store. I was thinking the clutch might be defective? Mostly the pressure plate? Because everything else is working fine, lines are good.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I guess that could be possible, but I don't know how to test it. You'll have to pull it to have it tested, or send it back to have it warrantied. You could call the manufacturer, and see if they'll do some trouble shooting with you...

KongGMC

Shady tree mechanic
Nov 26, 2007
Crestview, Fl
Take it apart and reverse the clutch disc and put it all back together again and just see what happens. I went through my entire clutch system in a Mitsubishi Conquest I changed clutches in and it was having the same problem. As a last resort I took it all apart and the clutch disc was backwards.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Look to be sure the fork is moving. You seem WAAAAAAYYYY to sure of yourself. Double check your work and then go back and triple check it.

Saying "trust me, I put it all together correctly" when asking for help seems like you really *want* to hear that your materials are at fault.

Make sure you aren't loosing fluid anywhere. When I did my first clutch job one of the hardlines wasn't tightened quite enough. It was enough to make the pedal feel normal and heavy, but not enough to actually push the clutch fork and move the clutch.

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
ok i took it all apart and put it back together, I doubled check everything, all the gears are going in now except for my reverse. It just grinds and doesnt go in. I dont what else to think could it be a need a new tranny?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Sisco;907968 said:
ok i took it all apart and put it back together, I doubled check everything, all the gears are going in now except for my reverse. It just grinds and doesnt go in. I dont what else to think could it be a need a new tranny?
Did you check the fluid level in the tranny? You always loose some when you pull it.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Did you put in enough fluid? I have had this same problem with reverse and I went through everything and I came to find out that it was my pedal adjustment. I would check that first if you aren't leaking anything.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
It's not full until it dribbles out of the fill hole. I thought I used about 2.5 qts., so it's in there somewhere...

Sisco

Jul 28, 2007
Playa Vista
no guys it's not that i filled it up and the tranny still grinds. I dont know what else to do or think besides that my tranny is done...