Help

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Hey everyone I screwed up .:cry: :1zhelp: I got rod knock 92 n/a cutting cookies in a parking lot busting a 240s balls need to do a swap now need from you guys ..... info like inporters, wrecking yards, parts cars any help would be greatly appericated found a motor at nix 99 with 31k for 3250.00 and one with 121k for 1975.00 both with out a ecu they want 290.00 for thatkind think that is steep but i really dont know know of a car with 161k and a bhg for 1800.00 but then i have to del with the scraps and i live in an apt so you can see my problem totally bummed but the org. motor lasted to 215k and is tech still running lol would just get rid of it but its a 92 so ..... fuck that hehe thanks guys you rule

lowbudgettarga

supra and I - Broke
Apr 2, 2005
Bellingham, WA
Hey, I met you at best buy the other day, i had the burgandy 91. I did hear just the smallest bit of knock for the smallest part of a second when you were revving it up, but still, 200+k is a pretty long time. You should try to find someone with a shop or garage that will let you build an engine there for a while. It'll be alot cheaper and I gurantee you'll learn alot more about your car that way. Anyhow, I think I'm gonna come down to burlington again this weekend, I got some new things on the car now.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
sweet crf that guy has got the best deal so far i like the fact that the motor is prepped for a decent start of higher then stock hp numbers , as it sits i drove the car a few more times and now it sits at the house still runs fine except for some valve train noise at 2700 and up sort of heard a low thrum the other day but fuck it i guess it is just time now i am just try to figure out if i want to get a D.D. and just build till june or invest now and just drive????? fuckin supra....... love that fat pig...as far as best buy i should be their on fri around 1145 to midnight gonna run? give you some gas money to show me how fast a good running sup goes lol

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
mattsplat72 said:
should be their on fri around 1145 to midnight gonna run? give you some gas money to show me how fast a good running sup goes lol

My car is getting a megasquirt install and I am having the 3.5" cat back welded up on sunday so it is on jack stands. It isnt very fast right now.

:biglaugh:

lowbudgettarga

supra and I - Broke
Apr 2, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I"ll be there as long as the maftpro I just put in isn't giving me troubles, I havne't got to start it because the tranny is still on the floor. Jason (87_7mgte) is gonna come down too probably with his megasquirted '90.

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
I have purchased Thousands of dollrs in parts and labor from him in the last 3 years. 2 intercooler kits, cat back, oil lines, all kinds of stuff. Never a JDM engine though. Aaron is a great guy and has done tons of work for the supra community. He stands behind his products.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
has anyone done a NA-T swap ? any web links for that ? or a complete 1j swap have as i figure it three options to choose from a 7mge boosted a 7mgte and a 1j factors are money, time down, part support, and reliablity, i really want to get my car up but i want to use this to my best advantage . just shut her down for the long term cleaned out battery out dehumidifier bags and tarped was kinda sad.....

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
well I will tell you what little I know

1Jswap is approx 5K give or take
you can buy a pretty much built 7mGTE for about 2K and Im guessing that there is another 1 to 2 K in parts needed to go NA to Turbo.

I am in process of getting a JDM longblock and haveing it put in to replace my current 7mgte ( I had a metal hg put in and uncovered other problems)I know its not much and maybe others can enlightem more on the costs.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
really a 1j swap costs that much i found one with a tranny,ecu,and a harness other then that i would need to get a r154 drive shaft,oil cooler,intercooler and extend my w/h three feet and get a oil\ re location kit for the complete 1j it was 1800.00 minus shipping am i missing other steps? i know that i would most likely need the same stuff to do the 7mgte swap in addition to need ing the ecu and harness but not the tranny w58 fits what steps am i missing?

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Ok well just an update . A thank you to all the people that took time to post responses to my posts. My motor is on the way. I am getting a jdm 7mgte, Act clutch and pressure plate ,Megan Racing down pipe, Walbro fuel pump,Apexi Safc2 reinstalled ,and a stock intercooler set up due to lack of funds. So I hope to see all of you on the road soon......maybe behind me