help with water jackets in block

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
i have a 7m that i am building and i had it machined and bored out. I saw these just the other day i know its not a good picture but it looks like a chip that is missing not very big but it still looks bad....:3d_frown: there is a couple of them in the other water jackets as well. is there a way to fix this or is the block gone?

Attachments

• 4-11-10 012..jpg
    4-11-10 012..jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 48

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
im affraid that when its all put together that pockets of coolant will build up and will cause another problem down the road. any suggestions

stomis

NA Die Hard
Mar 22, 2010
Jersey Shore
87ttsupra;1549967 said:
im affraid that when its all put together that pockets of coolant will build up and will cause another problem down the road. any suggestions

Not being a smartass at all but thats what real 24 hour setup jb weld was made for.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
i had similar marks from a BHG on my head, the machine shop welded them up and machined it back, but then again that was alloy, this is cast iron, how much was taken off the block when it was decked?

Do you have the head gasket?, does the damage exceed the seal of the water jacket ring on the gasket?

I think you'll also need to measure the block, the depth of the damage and work out if you can machine it out without taking too muchoff

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
only thing i can suggest is braising it and file it back to norm

jb weld might work since that is the coldest spot or the block btu not sure on how well jb hold up to coolent and if ti ever gets acetic

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
so basicly just use jb weld and fill in any imperfections and sand it down to an even surface??? will it need to go back to the machine shop??