help with R154 tranny..

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
I took out all the bolts and harness and wires for the tranny...It rattles and shakes when i try to force it out, but it won't come off. Does anyone know what I'm missing? Help.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
you should be able to do it by just removing the release fork, but i have had the clutch hub and pressure plate hang me up,

so i agree with every one else ..

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
Yes I've unbolted the stick shift and drive shaft.. Everything was loose and wiggles, but still it wouldn't come off. I'll check the TSRM then..Thanks

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
7mgte_supra;951461 said:
Yes I've unbolted the stick shift and drive shaft.. Everything was loose and wiggles, but still it wouldn't come off. I'll check the TSRM then..Thanks

Yes, you'll have to remove the shift knob, but what JDub is referring to is the shift fork... it's the fork that seperates the clutch disk from the pressure plate when pressure is put onto the clutch. There is an access panel on the both sides of the R154 that can be unbolted so that you can access the fork, and pull it out. The tranny will not pull all the way out until the fork is removed... along with the shifting knob. :icon_bigg

- Andrew