Help with code 25 after hitting a construction plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

enawazh

May 8, 2007
long beach
My roommate went over a construction plate and the plate hit his exhaust. Yesterday the car started sputtering and dying. It sounds like its not running on all cylinders. Anyway i checked the codes and im getting a code 25. i reset it but it come back. He has a 7mge with roughly

Things Ive eliminated so far.

1) I checked his timing to see if it skipped. Timing is good.
2) He had oil buildup in his spark plugs. Cleaned that.
3) We took his car to get the exhaust checked and found no leaks.

Still runs weird.

Im wondering whether the construction plate and the running lean are related or was it just a coincidence.

Ive seen ppl on SM clean their injectors with positive results. Does anyone know how id go about doing that? I have a new set of injector O-rings laying around so im going to replace those as well.

Appreciate the input guys

enawazh

May 8, 2007
long beach
I am posting this after i searched the forum so please if ure gonna reply dont state the obvious.

Most of the time i am able to find answers thru search.
If you read my post you'd see that ive done my research and have eliminated several things. Try to answer some of the questions that i asked.

Thank you

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Sigh...

If you had taken my advice, instead of complaining about how obvious it was, you would have likely read this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96926&highlight=code+25 as it was the third one on the search results thread. It it, Jetjock explains in the last post how to check that this isn't from a malfunctioning O2 sensor. Something that, incidentally, isn't mentioned in your post.

If the sensor isn't at fault, you are running lean - something that cannot be caused by exhaust leaks, clogged injectors, bad plugs / wires / coils. Lean is caused by too much air or too little fuel. If you had looked at the search I suggested, you might have read this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85487&highlight=code+25 which shows up as the 7th thread in the search results, and should point you in the direction of checking that your fuel delivery system is still capable of putting enough fuel in the cylinders.

Putting together "not enough fuel" with "drove over a construction plate" might even have led you to ideas like:
- Is there a kink in the fuel line from the tank due to the construction plate?
- Has the wiring to the fuel pump been damaged by the construction plate?
- Maybe I should check the fuel pump output... maybe even from the fuel rail in the engine bay...

In case it's not obvious by now, I am *NOT* the search police. If you were even vaguely familiar with me, you'd know I am constantly fighting to prevent the search police from gaining a foothold here.

The reason I posted the information I did was because I had searched for that term, read the first 25 threads, and found a lot of information that looked like it should apply to your situation, yet wasn't mentioned as already having been covered in your post.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
elevated.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.