HELP with climate control!

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Hi all!

I have changed my 87 climate controll with a 90 climate controll. The 90mod has digital heat controll, and some more buttons, and not the slide handle like the 87mod.

My question; is there anyone out there who knows what to do to get the 90mod climate controll to work with my 87mod el-harness??

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
You, Sir, have Euro CC (we had pre and post 89 with sliders, no digitalism), the USDM CC will NOT work :) We have the "brains" in the CC unit itself, the Americans behind the dash (or was it the other way around).
Now you have a nice unit to decorate your wall with I guess :). It was covered before, I remember Kai thinking about how to get it to work, but IIRC he didn't do more then plan gathering.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Sorry but most the people here have never seen the manual climate controls(in person), or an electrical wiring diagram to go to with them. A few of the guys from outside the US may have some answers, but it may take a little longer before they see this thread. In the US we only have the digital ones, so going from a pre89 climate control to a post89 is as simple as just swapping the units everything plugs right in. Going from a manual to a digital climate control isn't something I know of being done state side.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
we have all kinds of light and temperature systems, both in the dash, the vents, and in the front bumper..

we have no manual sliders, everything has servos and is electric...

it's like putting a digital dash into an analog dash and wondering why it won't work..

it can probably be made to work, but it'll probably not be worth it just so you won't have to slide a little tab like in 99.9% of all cars on the road anyway..

sorry...

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Do you want to say that we have sliders with cables attached?
I mean we also all all-electric and have the same sensors you do ;) Just that the unit is controlled otherwise...

Supramkiii, don't forget to let us know of your progress :)