Help! Wiring

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
So Im putting new gauge in the stock cluster. I put a mechanical boost gauge before but changed out the style and now having problems.
The instructions said to put black to a negative, Red to a positive, white to and accessory. I hooked the wires up to, what it said on the back to be + and - and the white to this other positve(which might be the problem) can anyone who wired gauges up to this tell me what I did wrong.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

When i turn car on everything stock lights up but the other gauges dont turn on.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I can't read everything on the guage. Are you supposed to hook it up to the guage cluster itself? As opposed to fused igntion, and chasis ground?

You should use the volt meter to see if you are really hooked up to ignition and ground.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Most confusing post.... The red and white leads are going to ign+, and the black is grounded. Is that what you want? Seems like red should go to bat+ not ign+ based on your first post.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
marc1131 said:
got it working, just need to do some trial and error. turned out pretty nice.

what did you end up doing? are the gauges aftermarket and external?

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
I ended up having to get power from the point on the back where the stock oil pressure gauge gets power. and yes they are aftermarket gauges.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
im interested, can you post pics or something.

your ign+ came from the oil prssure source white wire, you grounded on the circuit board? black and got the battery + from the red wire hooked up where?