HELP Please

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
Okay so heres the story. I was driving minding my own business when some guy made a left in front of me hit head on going about 45 mph my beautiful MK3 with only 55,000 on it is totalled but the insurance company wants to lowball me and give me almost no money for it. I was wondering if anyone out there has a car in similar shape that they recently purchased or sold and has the bill of sale or anything that can prove it was sold for a decent amount of money. Thanks for helping me out

Attachments

• supra..png
    supra..png
    292.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2010-07-01 09.42.31&.jpg
    2010-07-01 09.42.31&.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 46
Hopefully someone can back you up on this, its a shame to see such a nice car totaled. What's your plan with the car now after the accident? I just picked up an 87 hardtop in the same color, so if you're planning on parting out I might be interested in some parts.

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
it really all depends what kind of money I get from the insurance agency there is a very good chance some of it will get parted but right now I am looking at swapping as much as I can into a clean shell or possibly buying a donor car and trying to fix it

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
Dang, maybe I should get mine appraised now before some jackwad ruins it, lol. -Like THREE appraisals so their insurance company is overwhelmed by them all, lol.

Sorry bro, sucks... An appraiser still might be able to help you out to determine a pre-accident value. Don't just listen to their insurance companies appraisal!

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
Yea I'm trying to fight them but its extremely hard to provide concrete evidence that the car is worth more money and hoping some one on here can help me out in any way by showing they sold their car for x amount of dollars or bought their car for x amount of dollars

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The ins company is not going to care what your supra buddies, paid and sold their car for. You need an appraisal of your car.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
how much are they offering? My mint 88 with 175K i got 4900 about from insurance and i even handed them receipts over $8000 worth of aftermarket parts and another $3000 in a fresh engine build. state farm doesn't take into account aftermarket parts value and my fresh rebuilt engine had over 1500 miles (no not 15000) is not a "new engine" in their book (it only had about 4000 on it at the time).

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
i got hit by progressive and they havent forked over a cent. This is what insurance company's do to make their record profits. Dont sign anything until your satisfied. Get your paperwork together and ask to talk to more than one person. call them every day to let them know you wont take anything less than what you deserve. if it makes you fell better check out my "i got hit" thread lol.

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
they are offering me 5200 for a 87 turbo 5 spd tagra top leather interior that is the cleanest I have ever seen with only 55,000 miles on it and a rebuilt motor the car is irreplaceable at the least I'd be satisfied with about 7500 any body in Bucks County thats seen me ride around can vouch that its the cleanest example of an mk3 they have ever seen

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
youll never get 7500 unless KBB backs you or you have some way to prove it. That low mileage or not, you'd never get that for a private sale. If you get 5500 to 6000 I'd take it and buy it back and pull any valuable parts you could use or sell to make up the difference.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Pretty damn good. They don't care how clean it is really. To them it's in good condition, that's it. Low KM too, great. I would pinch whatever extra pennies I can out of them, pay the deductible and run with the money.

It's a stock 1987 toyota.

$5200USD sounds pretty damn good to me. Yeah, it's worth more in your "heart" but the insurance company won't really care about emotional value. In my heart, my car is priceless. lmao.

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
I've read that printing out ads(craigslist.com, autotrader.com, ebay.com, etc.) for similar cars in the same condition can help. The theory is that they have to give you enough to buy a comparable car, a replacement. If you can prove that the only available Supras in your area with that kind of mileage on them are all priced over, say $7500, then you have a case.

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
I am trying to fix it after buying it back from the insurance company so hopefully if all goes well it will be on the road again

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You're trying to fix THAT?:runaway::wtf:

Seriously man, what could you possibly do to fix that car? I don't mean to come across as an asshole, but... look underneath the car. I just don't see how that couldn't have killed the frame. :(

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
OOO it did kill the frame lol I am dreaming I loved that car. Realistically I'm looking for a nice shell to swap the motor trans and interior into.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well this is the only thing i can really give to help http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1804751814.html
But when you are dealing with the insurance company you are kind of screwed, go to kbb.com and put in your mileage and equipment and it will be far shy of what you think it would be worth. What you can do is make them buy you a car in the same condition and if they can find one they may go more than they wanted if they buy it for you or they may give up and give you a little more. But when you have normal insurance you shouldnt expect it to pay much. You need to get special interest vehicle insurance to cover modified vehicles. With that you can cover you car for $500,000 if you want, but you will be paying a premium for it. Thats what I am gonna get on mine when I get it done $20,000 in coverage. But good luck haggling with an insurance company they usually dont budge, but just for the hell of it I will talk to my wife she is an insurance adjuster so she might be able to give me some info to help u out.