Help on changing fog lights....very frustrating

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
k, so I unscrewed the light and took it out but where do I take out the inner bulb? i bought a replacement from kragen. And when I gave up and tried to put it back on the side wont snap in anymore, help? I think its that yellow tab thing, how do I make it fit like it did when I first got it lol

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
I'm having this same issue with my replacement bulb. I can retract the bulb but I don't understand how to extract the end of the wire from the harness.......

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Uh... you just pull it off. There are two connections for an H3 bulb. There's the clip part that pins down the bulb and there's the lead with a spade connector that simply pulls out. You're not going to rip the wire, just yank it out.

Not really sure what you're having trouble with...?

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
So i can just pullt hat black plug from the actual light? and how come the metal housing around it doesn't clip in like it did before I took it off, now it just sits there loose on one side.

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
for why it doesnt snap in? I did and its like, there is this yellow tab thing that holds it secure but I have no idea how to stick the metal housing back in and get it to resnap onto the tab, I need like tweezers for fingers to do that lol. but I know everyone ont he forums cant be rolling with loose fogs so I want to see if they had a tip.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Stock fogs lights, at least on mine, have one screw and the other side has a lip, and this takes off the metal ring. After the ring is off then the light itself comes out with one wire attached. Disconnect wire, unclip bulb from light housing and then go put back together in reverse. Sometimes mine takes a bit to get the lip side to stay in, but should not be this hard. I would be curious if you had any pics to go along with your issue.

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
The little plastic side lip used to snap in to the bracket about 25 years ago, but now that its petrified it wont stay in place to put the ring around it. Getting new plastic clips might help.

Silv89t

Mar 8, 2010
Fresno
Look at the h3 bulbs closely the bulb housing around has two slots that's cut out one is round and the other is another shape, when putting back line up the same one in, if it's not line up properly then it's not going to sit right and the clip won clip on to the fog lights housing. Now pull the metal clip over on it then clip the it fog lights housing. Cover up the fog light with the rubber cover