help me pass emissions

demolition man

Jul 15, 2007
ct
my car failed because of high levels of carbon monoxide, what could be the problems, what should i do to fix it, thanks

demolition man

Jul 15, 2007
ct
no not yet, the car runs perfectly fine, but it is a ge running on turbo electronics idk if that would make a differce

67rstbkt

May 22, 2008
Reno, NV
demolition man;1088023 said:
my car failed because of high levels of carbon monoxide, what could be the problems, what should i do to fix it, thanks

Check to see if there are any codes.
You may want to cover some of the basics before you get too deep. Has the car been tuned up recently? Is your timing set right?

I once had a car fail due to a bad injector, but had no indication of it being bad (ran fine, no codes). I found it after checking all my injectors with an ohm meter. It was way off compared to the other injectors.

Also, check your catalytic converter, you should be able to use a temperature probe to see if it is getting hot enough. (I have seen this happen to a friend of mine, his converter had completely disintegrated inside, and no, he did not hollow it out.

As for the electronics you are running, I do not know, some of the other people on this forum would know more than I.

Hope this helps, good luck!

ebondragon87

Nov 6, 2007
Aurora, Colorado
High CO is usually running rich, the very first thing you should check is your cold start injector. They have a tendancy to stick. Next timing, cat, and spark plugs. Are you using a turbo ecu with the harness? If so then there is a good chance that is your problem.

ebondragon87

Nov 6, 2007
Aurora, Colorado
The easiest test for the cat is to get under the car and hit it and see if anything rattles around in it. That is usually a sign that its bad.

Honestly since you are using the turbo ecu, i would start there. The ecu adjusts fuel based off of a maf so it just assumes the turbos are there and you are getting alot more fuel than an N/A car would.