Help me identify what these wires go to (1jz second gen)

So I received an engine with a cut harness and I am trying to figure out where it connects to.

I think that it eventually leads to the MAP sensor, but I am not sure.

Please help. Here are the pictures:

(pic - 1) Cut section is on the bottom:
p1852190_1.jpg

(pic - 2) Shows cut wires:
p1852190_2.jpg

(pic -3) Plugs into this... appears to be a boost pressure sender for the stock gauge cluster...?:
p1852190_3.jpg

(pic - 4, 5 BONUS) What the heck is this that the oil filter is connected to? Some kind of afrermarket sender?:
p1852190_4.jpg

p1852190_5.jpg

Picture 5 shows what was attached to a braided steel line coming from the adaptor block in picture 4.

help help help.

Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Looks like it has some sort of sandwich plate for the oil filter. Doesn't look stock to me.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Picture 1 - Not a MAP sensor. MAP sensors are three wires, I can only make out three. Get a better picture.

Picture 2 - ......I hope you used that as a barganing point to bring down the price.

Picture 3 - If it has a Boost Pressure Sensor sticker and it's yellow, that is the one for the gauge cluster. Engine MAP sensors are black and have a green sticker.

Picture 4/5 - That is a sandwhich plate that is being used for some sensor. It also seems to have the braided line on it for the stock gauge cluster pressure gauge. Remove it and get the DM oil pressure line to 7M sender. It will clean things up down there.

IBoughtASupra;1852321 said:
Picture 1 - Not a MAP sensor. MAP sensors are three wires, I can only make out three. Get a better picture.

Picture 2 - ......I hope you used that as a barganing point to bring down the price.

Picture 3 - If it has a Boost Pressure Sensor sticker and it's yellow, that is the one for the gauge cluster. Engine MAP sensors are black and have a green sticker.

Picture 4/5 - That is a sandwhich plate that is being used for some sensor. It also seems to have the braided line on it for the stock gauge cluster pressure gauge. Remove it and get the DM oil pressure line to 7M sender. It will clean things up down there.

@ pic2: Well, I actually did not use the cut harness as a bargaining point to bring down the engine cost. Pretty much just took a chance and it bit me in the ass. Hopefully I can figure out what they are by checking continuity between these cut wires and the ECU pins. I honestly don't know what else to do about this. I will post some more pictures of this in hopes that someone can help me figure out where they go.

@ pic3: So that means that there's a pressure gauge for the gauge cluster, a MAP sensor fot the ECU, and a regular MAP sensor?

@ pic4/5: Gotcha. I will probably do that. I have a feeling that Aaron is going to be happy with my initial order that will be placed this weekend.

Regarding the cut harness - I am very concerned. Hopefully I can figure out where the hell the wires go. Actually I'm really pissed about that. Whatever, I'm sure with your guyses help, I can get it all done.

Thanks for the help!

Please see the additional pictures of the cut harness, and various pressure sensors, below. I am not sure if I have all of the MAP sensors that I need, or if I am missing the main MAP sensor. I have also included pictures of the oil pan studs, which appear to be fairly damaged from improper storage. I think you will get a kick out of these pics:

picture 1 - cut harness
p1853564_1.jpg

picture 2 - cut harness, itself
p1853564_2.jpg

picture 3 - cut harness section goes into this pressure sensor...
p1853564_3.jpg

picture 4 - ...and the cut harness also goes into this plug (MAP sensor??)
p1853564_4.jpg

picture 5 - IS THIS THE MAP SENSOR?? Will i need to buy one from driftmotion? it was connected to the ECU harness...
p1853564_5.jpg

picture 6 - DEFI gauge sender?!?!. ... Garbage as far as I'm concerned...
p1853564_6.jpg

picture 7 - FML, bent oil pan stud? Might need to dremel cut it off.
p1853564_7.jpg

Picture 8 - FMLx2, bent oil pan stud (other side)?
p1853564_8.jpg

I am really trying to figure out how the pressure sensors (map sensors, etc) will mate up to the MA70 engine bay harness that I will be using. Kindof hessitant to buy more parts until i fully understand which sensors I may be missing, and how they need to communicate with the ECU (via ecu harness, engine bay harness, etc...)

Thanks

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I take it you are not very good with wiring. What you should do is contact Dr.Tweak. He will fix that harness for you but will charge you accordingly. If you know you aren't good with wiring, send it out and lessen the headache.

With that said, the MAP sensor in picture 4 is the engine MAP sensor. The engine harness will need to be mated to the 7M BODY plugs to be able to control things like the main relay and fuel pump.

IBoughtASupra;1853570 said:
I take it you are not very good with wiring. What you should do is contact Dr.Tweak. He will fix that harness for you but will charge you accordingly. If you know you aren't good with wiring, send it out and lessen the headache.

With that said, the MAP sensor in picture 4 is the engine MAP sensor. The engine harness will need to be mated to the 7M BODY plugs to be able to control things like the main relay and fuel pump.

Thanks for the reply!

When you said "picture 4" did you mean picture 5?

The reason I'm asking this is becaue picture 4 shows a 4-pin connector, and all of the MAP sensors that I have seen for the supra have been 3 pins.

If you did not mistype, then I am super confused.

I think once I figure out what the connector is in picture 4, I have a pretty good grasp on what needs to be done; I just need to know hat this damn 4-pin connector goes to:
p1853619_1.jpg

p1853619_2.jpg

^ note these are more pics of the connector shown in picture-4.

Sure, this wil be the most difficult wiring project that I have ever done. But it honestly doesn't seem that bad once I can fill in some of the blanks. The information posted on 1jz.com is a godsend.

Sweet thanks for the response. i figured there were a lot of wires that just were not necessary for the swap.

Next weekend I'm planning on starting the bulk of the wiring. If I end up screwing up or if i determine that the job is too difficult, i wil just send the harness out for extension / repinning.