Help me decide.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Well I got a dilemma, and need some help decide on my route to take.

Well my plan was to swap my ATS TD06 Turbokit (that I got pretty much for free) onto my red 90 alltrac along with my ST205 A2W IC to hold me over till I'm ready to put my GT35R on along with a FMIC.

I was trying to get this done for the Tampa supra meet in November so I can at least have a little fun. But I do not think I'll be able to finish the car in time for the Tampa meet. I want to pull the engine/trans, replace my clutch, all the seals, as well as the timing belt and water pump (A lot easier to remove everything for the clutch, and have to do the other stuff anyways). I also have a few other projects that have to be finished before I can start on my car.

Ok, so with Tampa not really in the picture anymore here's where I'm stuck. Do I continue to swap over the TD06 turbo kit and the A2W IC setup onto my car, or go for the GT35r?

The TD06 kit setup will cost me nearly no money (have pretty much everything), just time to put it all on (3 weeks).

The GT35R setup I still need:
-custom manifold ($700-1000)
-RC Front bumper ($700)
-FMIC Setup ($600)
-Tial 44 Wastegate ($400)
-Water/Oil Lines ($150)
but I can sell the TD06 Turbo kit for probably ~ $1300 to pay for some of the stuff. Itll also take probably 2 months for everything.

Now that seems like a no-brainer, but I also want to get Wheels, Suspension and a BBK before TX2k9, and by doing the GT35R and all of that will be pretty hard to get by March financially. Idealy I'd like to have it all done by TX, but if not I'd rather have the wheels, suspension and brakes then the GT35r and none of the others. I don't really want to run up the Credit Cards to finish the car, I'd rather pay cash for everything.

For my end goal the GT35r way seems the best, but to get the car ready by texas, the td06 way almost seems better.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
TD06, hold off on the GT35R. You said yourself you would rather have wheels, suspension and a BBK than a GT35R and you already have all the parts for the TD06. I'm not sure how this was even a question lol

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
td06. Only because you have everything already and it wont cost you hardly any money and if you do decide to go gt35r and something breaks or blows or any problem comes up, your finances will be drained from going that route and may not be able to fix the problem right away. It always good to have cash stashed away for emergencies. Id say do the td06 and everything else that you want done to the car, wheels suspension etc and save the gt35r for last.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
stick with the TD06 and then see if you want more power, you say you want a 35R... but you dont even have the td06 on there yet... a quick google shows that you can get 350WHP out of that turbo... which im sure you could get even more if you want to.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Kind of a no brainer if you ask me...

Might as well put the TD06 on, you can always sell it later. You'll have a good, reliable platform to start from, and you know the system works...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I've decided, the gt35r is going on. I spent 1k on the turbo and might as well put it to some use and I only want to do it once. Plus theres also another part that wasn't mentioned, I bought the st205 ic for my black car (the 92), and I want to finish that car so its done done and I can just drive it (going to be my dd). So going to finish it up and then start on the 35r setup.

7Mboost;1149234 said:
I think it depends on how bad you wanna drive the car, it would to me.
Haha, yea I am really craving more speed right now (main reason for the TD06 swap). I have a 40trim turbo for it (the 92) and with the ic it should enough fun to hold me over till the 35r is done and ready.