HELP: dome light replacement

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
ok so u take the whole big plastic piece off? where do u pry it from....right by where the rear view mirror attaches? :icon_conf

thanks for the reply :bowdown:

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
When my dome light went out a while back I never actually managed to get the cover off! I was trying really hard and the screw driver slipped and smashed into something inside... ever since then the dome lights have been working fine!

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
ok i got the light cover off....no sweat :icon_razz. BUT i found that there are no bulbs in there at all so i have nothing to go off of and advance auto gave me the wrong bulbs. :nono: so i need you guy's help once again. What size bulbs and style do i need?

thanks again!

andrius

Jan 8, 2006
Durham, NC
Careful - My 87 supra had the incorrect dome light listed by Sylvania and Advance auto parts (the one listed above). The correct bulbs that worked for me were the Sylvania 57 bulb 2-pack. Barcode is 046135338731. Hope this helps!

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
well at least it helped me out...i thought I was going to break the damn thing so I stopped and looked for screwholes. I even scoured the TSRM looking for answers...lol

now I just have to find those lights again

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
has anyone replaced the crappy yellowish bulbs with LED bright whites. I saw a GMC truck with incredibly bright interior lights that were LED and the owner told me to have his light guy get me some but he'd need my bulb numbers. I have no idea what number the dome or map lamp bulbs are for an 89 supra or the rear hatch interior passenger side bulb either for that matter. I was told that the rear hatch one has connectors at each end and that the dome or map lamp ones were one ended like regular bulbs.

Any help with the numbers?

All the dealer could tell me was that they were 12V 8W in the overhead console and the rear hatch side light was 12V 5W.