Help deciding turbo, Bolt on vs T4

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
OK I have a 87 7mgte.
Goals with the car is to run mid 11's in the 1/4 pump gas, thats all.
It will take around 425hp-475hp so thats all the power im looking for.

Upgrades,
7mgte slight rebuild, new rings and bearings
new stock hg with arp studs 85ft/lbs
aem wideband/ safc/ lexus afm/ walbro 255/ 550cc,/ aeromotive afpr.
Stock intercooler, 2.5" hardpipes.

Currently im on a stock ct26 with bic ddp anf full 3" exhaust.

i currently looking at either a 57 trim ct26 (being that i have a ddp already and its a true bolt on turbo.)

sp61 or sp67 bolt on turbo.

or a t4 setup with master power t61 or t70.

Im really partial to the ct26 57trim, being that i have the ddp but will it take me to 425hp pluss? Is it still in its efficiency range at 20lbs of boost?

Im looking at the cost of a sp61 just journal bearing and the cost for about the same i can still what i have and fund a t4 setup with a master power turbo.

Im sure going t4 in the long run will allow me room for upgrades later on but i like to show up at the races and being able to pop open my hood and they can still see the factory heat shield over the turbo and i can tell them im stock lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
57trim has been proven to put down 400+ HP. T4 setup is best in the long run (and tends to be cheaper in some ways if you can do the fabrication, ect yourself), but you're trying to look stock.

The bolt on turbos won't look that stock either.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Poodles;1466210 said:
57trim has been proven to put down 400+ HP. T4 setup is best in the long run (and tends to be cheaper in some ways if you can do the fabrication, ect yourself), but you're trying to look stock.

The bolt on turbos won't look that stock either.

Agreed......:evil2: