HELP! Crank But No Start!

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
ok... in an attempt to try to get the car to boost more than the 13 I managed to get it to boost by shimming the wastegate and installing a moderate sized T I put a bigger T in trying to up the boost. I re-assembled, and went for a road test. Was boosting too much. Going over 20 and hitting fuel cut. I brought the car back home, disassembled, removed the shims and put everything back together. I go to start the car now and it wont go. It turns over but no start. I see fuel pressure marked on my fuel pressure regulator so im assuming i got fuel pressure. I disconnected the ECU and reconnected it and nothing. I checked the connection for the AFM wich to me seems a bit iffy but after making sure it was connected using some channel locks, still no start. Anyone have any idea's? :1zhelp:

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
IJ.;1367471 said:

I'll double check today but I dont have any that i know of. Had the dumb idea to disconnect the EFI fuse thinkin that a trouble code in memory might cause a no start. Didn't check codes first. A while back I seem to have had the same issue. Re-Checked my connections and the AFM was disconnected. Connected it and the motor started wich seems weird to me because if im not mistaken the car should start w/o the AFM connected just run really rich. I've kept tinkering w/ the connector for the AFM and still nothing.

Update: Just re-checked codes.... have a code 12 and a code 24. Been messing w/ the AFM so gonna check that again. Also gonna check around by the CPS.

Last edited: