HELP!! Cam follower stuck!

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
I posted this same thing in my build thread but nobody responds in there so I thought I would try in here because it's putting the pause on my build. When installing the lifter buckets, a lot of the intake ones were very hard to get in. I had them all in order, so I know they went in the same bore or whatever, but they kept catching on the valvesprings. One would NOT go down for anything, but I finally shimmied it down but it wouldn't rotate. Bad move. I was thinking once it has more oil and is warmed up it will break itself free and bounce back from the spring, but as I bolted the cams down it just went down and when I rotated the cam it stuck down there. It is very tight and I don't know what's wrong?! HELP! Do have have to take everything back apart and take the head off to fix this stupid bucket??
p582949_1.jpg

-Chris

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Good luck!

Can't think of an easy way to correct this sorry.
<edit> Maybe try some heat from a propane torch on the head around the bucket being careful to NOT get it too hot.....

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
That may free the follower, until it cools back down, right? Why are they sticking when they were just removed not too long ago, with the only change being the head was cleaned with new valve seals?

-chris

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
I was cautious about heating the head, so I got a 6" extension and put a rag around then end of it and hit it with a hammer lightly and it popped out and works fine now. Thanks though, IJ you're always there to lend a hand!!

-Chris