Help, almost new clutch slipping like hell !

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
My clutch slips like hell, here some info on the situation

Last october, finally acheived my goal, driving my supra. Before it was automatique and completely stock, now manuel(r154), fully built motor(7m :D), ffim, sp67gt turbo and lots more. So I drove it for 650 kilometers (before storing it for winter). Motor turn great ! straight pipe tough, a little bit loud :) Tranny then.... bought this long time ago, it whines kinda anoying, no trouble shifting, it never pop out of gear, juste that sound. Clutch is a spec stage 3. Hated it instantly. but after 400 kilos it became pretty ok. Was still tough to start rolling without making it slip, like when you have to make a stop uphill. defenetly made it slip couple times for sure but, not that much.

Here's my problem. First ride of the year today ! Motor started pretty well, let it run for like 25-30 min(it as been sitting outside from december to now) car was a little bit stuck, had to gave her some though love to move it. Stalled it twice and third time it went up ! rear break was stuck thats why. Had no problem backing up after that and went for a ride. As soon as the car want to go a little, clutch slips, like 2800-3000 rpm. Didn't went so far cause of that, made a 5 min run maybe.

Do someone can hlep me, clutch was bought brand new now has 650 kilos
car defenetly as a lot of torque but that clutch is suppose to be able to support it...

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
I don't think we did ... but last year run 650 kilo and it was holding pretty well
could it be rust, car sat whole winter outside.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Don't load it up too heavily just drive along at 30 Mph keep the throttle constant and push the clutch in till it slips a bit, let it out to cool off a bit and repeat a few times, you don't want to glaze up the surfaces or over heat anything just clear the rust.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I would check to make sure you have proper free play in clutch pedal. If you don't have any free play. It has the same effect of driving while holding down on the clutch pedal.

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
Made a 2nd run today, clutch was better right away. First run must have cleaned it up a little. Still slips tho, only if I give her some at 3500-4000. But ain't giving much, still in break-in. Defenetly gonna check clutch pedal free play.