Hello from Wendell NC

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
Well I just picked up a 1990 targa toyota supra , I planned on lerking for a while , reading and researching , but I got a pop-up saying if I didnt post my account will be deleted ... So here is my first post ...
The supra I got is definately beat up and needs lots of TLC , I'm addressing issues one at a time ...

Issues
Front calipers (locked up)
body multiple colors beat up in a few spots
brake lines coroded and a few holes in them
car has trouble cold starting
valve stem seals leak oil into motor while sitting
ect. ect. ect.

The problems are being taken care of one at a time for the next few months . A little about me , The fastest I have been is 13.9 in a quarter . That was with a 1997 eclipse gsx with evo3 16g , full exhaust , intake , 650cc injectors , safcII , aem wideband , autometer boost gauge , ect. I do all my work myself I like the challenge and the learning experience I get from cars , I have had 3 1997 eclipses 2 being turbo awd and one being the 2.4 non turbo spyder . The project I did right before starting the supra was swapping a 3g 2.4 4g64 into a 2002 lancer es witch came stock with a 2.0 4g94 , that gained about 40hp over stock witch is pretty nice , the car can now keep up with normal traffic and has no merging issues... I had to modify the engine harness , swap the ecu out to the evolution 8 ecu and reflash a few settings in it, made a custom downpipe , made a custom motor mount , and swap the differential out of the old tranny into the new one because of the axle's , I made a write up on all this on the evolutionm.net forum . As I come across thing's that I think can help the community I will post up.

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Welcome to the forums. Always enjoy having new, experienced members joining up. Happy modding and post some pictures or start a build thread when you get a chance.

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
thanks for the welcome guys ... The car hasn't been on the road or driven since 2000 , was sitting behind a mechanics shop waiting for some tlc , but nice thing though its pretty much all stock never been ragged on...

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Welcome to the forum it seems ur only a few miles away from me im in Selma
nice to see another guy from NC here, did u get the supra close to the old police dpmt in zebulon?

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
man somebody must be recruiting these dsm guys?
mkiiis are definatly a challenge to learn but at the end if the day, well worth it.
welcome and good luck.