Hello from Houston

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Hello everyone. I'm glad I found this site. I used to lurk in the forums a few years back and got tired of all the juvenile banter and left. Not saying that this was one of them because I really don't remember.

I really appreciate the way this forum is structured and maintained. It is apparent there has been numerous hours spent building and keeping up with this site.

Anyway, I have two Supras in the family, my wife's Black 91 T Auto daily driver, and my 91T 5speed Targa. My wife has over 240k miles on hers and can't pry it from her fingers. My silver is the current work in progress. (Everything was fine with it until it got ran low on oil and came up lame with a knock....)

I've got the low end built with .20 over JE pistons, (Polydyn coated), and Eagle rods. Finishing up the head with porting and polishing. Hopefully I'll get to assemble most of the engine this weekend.

If anyone gets to this part of my post and has input please go for it. I am down to purchasing a new turbo. I could use some guidance and picking the correct one. I'll generate a new thread if I can't find a previous written thread on selecting a new turbo. But something tells me there might be one or two threads on this subject to review before I post. If anyone has the links handy, that would be great.... Otherwise I'm off searching....

Later...

Attachments

• Supra_4-1.jpg
    Supra_4-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • supra_2008-3-1-1.jpg
    supra_2008-3-1-1.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 16
  • supra_2008-2-1.jpg
    supra_2008-2-1.jpg
    959.7 KB · Views: 13
  • supra_2008-1-1.jpg
    supra_2008-1-1.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

momodu7

Jan 2, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Hey man. Welcome to the forums. Ive been on this forums for 2 weeks and i have gotten some great help so far. Most people are upgrading their stock turbos to get more power out of it. Thats what Im doing with my turbo. Look through the forums and see what everybody is doing and it will give you some ideas of what you want to do turbo-wise.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
welcome! we have alot of Houston guys here, so if you ever need any help feel free to ask. as for turbo choices i would just go with an upgraded CT26, it's the cheapest, most effective turbo up to 350hp-ish and you get to use the stock DP/elbow/piping etc..

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Welcome!

I hope to get to meet you and see those two beautiful cars in March of this year.

Read the build threads to learn, and start your own to let everyone see what you are up to with your engine. I think it is great to have a large group of people to tell you if they see you doing something that might not be in Your best interest. I had one of those moments this week in my thread.

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
ForcedTorque;886241 said:
Welcome!

I hope to get to meet you and see those two beautiful cars in March of this year.

Read the build threads to learn, and start your own to let everyone see what you are up to with your engine. I think it is great to have a large group of people to tell you if they see you doing something that might not be in Your best interest. I had one of those moments this week in my thread.

Too late. Me and my buddy went to PnP the head and port matched the exhaust..... I read many different places today DO NOT PORT MATCH EXHAUST! Oh well, I'll figure something out....

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
thechori;886235 said:
welcome! we have alot of Houston guys here, so if you ever need any help feel free to ask. as for turbo choices i would just go with an upgraded CT26, it's the cheapest, most effective turbo up to 350hp-ish and you get to use the stock DP/elbow/piping etc..

wrd. there are a few of us that are more than willing to lend a hand.

BTW, what side of town are you at?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Scot;885483 said:
my wife's Black 91 T Auto daily driver. My wife has over 240k miles on hers and can't pry it from her fingers.

I think I met your wife on Briar forest next to Westside High school. I was in a Red 89 T 5spd. Ask her if she remembers me. =p

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
ooh. then yup, you're not far from Steven89 (Steven), TheChori (Ryan), and 3rdTimeAround (Wayne). All three are great people to meet and know.