Hello Everyone

Strozak

Oct 5, 2006
Lewiston, ME
Hey Guys,

I went to a parts yard/junk yard to get some plastic parts for another project and lo and behold, a tow truck is dropping off a supra! I took a closer look at it and found it was a 1990 Supra Targa Turbo. The body was in great shape and under the hood looked pretty decent too. The reason why it was dropped off was because the radiator was cracked and it wouldnt start. I know the owner of the parts yard pretty well so we jumpstarted it and it started and ran fine. There's a few other minor issues, broken rear left window, and the hood shocks are gone but thats little stuff. The car itself seems to be in decent shape. He let me have it for 1000 and towed it for free.
At this point i havent been able to check the engine or the turbo out but im assuming it needs some work as it has pretty high mileage. I just replaced the radiator and im in the process of pulling the starter (PITA btw) and ill get that checked out. I want to have it running to the point where i can do a compression test on the engine and check the turbo out before i completely disassemble everything. I've been browsing this site and a few other supra sites and printing out relevant email and pics of other builds and setups and doing a lot of research to make sure i dont have to learn from my own mistakes. I'd like to get it to about 400hp maybe more depending on how the build goes. I have done engine swaps and many performance mods on many cars but i've never actually rebuilt an engine myself before and thats what i'm shooting for with this build. It looks like there is a wealth of information for me to go by on this site and plenty of people that know their stuff so i will be posting my questions with pics when i have them and hopefully someone will be able to guide me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance!

~Strozak