Hello everyone

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
well I guess a little info on myself would be nice.. umm anyways I purchased my 92 turbo 5sp from this guy from the forest, no joke. it was this trailer park near a town called forestville, ca. so yeah I bought it for $800. downfall is he did a big gitter done to it and blew the motor. so its sitting on jackstands till I buy the new gaskets and such. I already got a freshly rebuilt engine for it so now its just how well I want the reinstall to be. you know figured why not engines out do the easy stuff before you put it back in. well I believe I've said enough please excuse me if I mispelled anything or if I rambled on too much. I just got back from nevada around 8:30 this morning which was a 11 hour trip there and back.... bastard snow storm at the summit. so glad to be part of the forums and I hope to see my supra running soon. bye for now.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
92 turbo 5 speed sounds awesome. $800.00 sounds even better. Are you sure you're not leaving out a few sexual favors you had to perform to get this car......................:naughty:

Welcome and very cool car. Post pics asap.............lol

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
believe it or not it was for $800, no additional requirements either. and the body is solid even has a new paint job. just the guy tore the hell outta the engine. so once I free up some space on my phone I'll go out to my shop and take a few pics. not gonna be pretty tho.. the car is on stands and the poor old engine is sitting next to it. idk about you guys but seeing that kinda stuff just gets me you know. but at least this way I'll build it up from the ground up into a very suitiable beast.

as for being in the sac area I remember seeing a few mk3s around but I'm new to the area so I'm still seeing all the rattle can integras and cardboard box civics. but once I get my supra running I think I'll find others around.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Mk3runner said:
believe it or not it was for $800, no additional requirements either. and the body is solid even has a new paint job.

92 shell in good shape and new paint for $800 makes me damned embarrassed to say what I paid for my 90 with a BHG and poor paint, but otherwise good shell. Good deal! Post up a pic or two and show it off. :icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
pictures of MKIII's with no motor are common here. We will see the potential in it, no mater how bad it looks. Start a build thread in the general /build threads section, and show progress as you go. You will get all types of advise.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
hot dang, i picked up my 88 non turbo, auto for 500, bhg, warped head & block, no lsd, targa, & bad clear coat , you got a screamin deal if it's any thing that can be cleaned up!

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
well as said before the whole car is in prime condition for its age. just guy roasted the engine. umm I have a few pics

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

if you look close towards the middle of the block you can see where the freeze plug came out.... that didn't help it out.
well I think thats enough pics for now.. besides ForcedTorque had a suggestion of starting a build thread which sounds like a good idea so I'll do that.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
yea I know. at first I thought it was forest green, then sea green, now I don't even know... its just green. I'm more on the solid common colors like black, white, and blue. you know simple colors but this kinda grew on me so I'm gonna keep it this color. but look at the plates, he was from texas. so my mk3 has been around. crappy thing is he lost the papers for it so dmv is giving me the run around. but whatever just another hoop I have to jump through to get it running.