Hello Everyone! My Teal 1992 Supra Turbo w/ Black Interior Factory Sun Roof

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
I have been out of the seen for quite some time and had account on the Supra Forums but it looks like this forum is better for mk3?

To introduce my self I was a long time Supra owner spanning from a 1984 MK2 to My 1994 MK4 and a others in between.

I have owned this wonderful Supra for 6 years.

It has 66k miles stock with original paint. I had listed for sale online (Not here) but decided I really want to keep it. My issue is I have to many toys and not enough time or space or money lol.

Anyhow I'm back in the game again and the mk3 has always been my favorite Supra since my family bought one new in 1988.

It is currently an auto but down the road I would like to put in the manual in it.

I really know very little these days on what's going on in the Supra mk3 world.

Here are some shots of my Supra below.

Looking forward to hearing from other fellow Supra owners.

I have heard 7m's hitting 1300rwhp so far?

Current things I plan to do:

I have ARP studs going to use their grease and torque my heads to 90ft.

New valve cover gasket and Toyota bolts & washers.

Changing all hoses to silicone.

Going install the HKS D2 for the stock look but wished the piping was bigger. Maybe go with the Tananbe?

Mk4 TT wheels on all corners, 255-40 front & 275 40 rear. I think those fit fine?

I also plan on fusion coating the wheels maybe black chrome but it's not chrome but paint.

Check out the coats they do here.

http://www.calchrome.com/service_fusioncoat.php

My first job was to change the oil lol. It had 600 miles on it but was 6 years old.

I just put my K&N filter with Redline Oil a mix of 10/40 and 15/50 which is what I had around.

I want to change the diff oil but does anyone know if it has a magnetic on the drain or magnet bolt to buy for it?

Thanks guys!

IMG_1969.jpgIMG_1965.jpgIMG_1973.jpgIMG_1978.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Welcome! That's an incredibly beautiful Supra! For the exhaust I would recommend the HKS system that has the dual outlets and looks almost like stock. I can't think of the name for it right now, but a lot of members here have it. I believe it's 3" which should be plenty unless you are going for some extreme power build. That's what I would go with for a car that is as clean as your's is right now. You've got a really rare Supra. 92 Teal Turbo's with shadow grey interior and the sunroof are about impossible to find.

The diff should have a magnetic drain. I would suggest changing the fluid in it if it hasn't been done recently. I went with redline and the ford friction modifier. If you do a search here for it you should get some good info on it.

Personally I would run oil's with a lower weight than 10w-40 and 15w-50. Most here run something more like 5w-30 or about there.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Silver MK3;2034285 said:
Welcome! That's an incredibly beautiful Supra! For the exhaust I would recommend the HKS system that has the dual outlets and looks almost like stock. I can't think of the name for it right now, but a lot of members here have it. I believe it's 3" which should be plenty unless you are going for some extreme power build. That's what I would go with for a car that is as clean as your's is right now. You've got a really rare Supra. 92 Teal Turbo's with shadow grey interior and the sunroof are about impossible to find.

The diff should have a magnetic drain. I would suggest changing the fluid in it if it hasn't been done recently. I went with redline and the ford friction modifier. If you do a search here for it you should get some good info on it.

Personally I would run oil's with a lower weight than 10w-40 and 15w-50. Most here run something more like 5w-30 or about there.

I guess I should see how much oil pressure is when warm? I just wanted to use some old oils laying around. I personal really like the Rottela T6 5w-40.

I measured the HKS D2 at 2.9". I wanted to make 600whp with stock manifolds. I just wanted to do simple bolt ons on this car.

When I saw some info on line with going from 3" to 3/12" picking up 80whp. I really want to get the biggest size. The HKS Dragger was the biggest piping but the can really isn't appealing.

The Tanabe looks better and higher quality but it's 3 1/4" Wish it was dual tip like so many others here.

Tough choices.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
suprapilot;2034363 said:
I guess I should see how much oil pressure is when warm? I just wanted to use some old oils laying around. I personal really like the Rottela T6 5w-40.

I measured the HKS D2 at 2.9". I wanted to make 600whp with stock manifolds. I just wanted to do simple bolt ons on this car.

When I saw some info on line with going from 3" to 3/12" picking up 80whp. I really want to get the biggest size. The HKS Dragger was the biggest piping but the can really isn't appealing.

The Tanabe looks better and higher quality but it's 3 1/4" Wish it was dual tip like so many others here.

Tough choices.

With a 7M, a 10W-30 is always a safe bet for oil. According to the owner's manual, 5W-30 is too thin for warm/hot climates.

I had the exact problem you had when I chose my exhaust, and I ended up with the Tanabe. It's not my first choice for style, but it's really truly a higher quality unit. Fits great, better materials, fantastic sound. It's good enough that I've looked past the looks (and they've actually grown on me).

Are you really planning on building the car a great deal? That car seems so nice and so rare, that it may be more appropriate to be kept stock and original. Something like a bolt-on exhaust doesn't ruin its "originality", but if you're shooting for 600hp or whatever crazy plans, a lot of the car will have to change quite dramatically. Just something to think about...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
emiliorescigno;2034371 said:
With a 7M, a 10W-30 is always a safe bet for oil. According to the owner's manual, 5W-30 is too thin for warm/hot climates.

I had the exact problem you had when I chose my exhaust, and I ended up with the Tanabe. It's not my first choice for style, but it's really truly a higher quality unit. Fits great, better materials, fantastic sound. It's good enough that I've looked past the looks (and they've actually grown on me).

Are you really planning on building the car a great deal? That car seems so nice and so rare, that it may be more appropriate to be kept stock and original. Something like a bolt-on exhaust doesn't ruin its "originality", but if you're shooting for 600hp or whatever crazy plans, a lot of the car will have to change quite dramatically. Just something to think about...

That's what I'm thinking too. At that power level you are getting into territory of breaking transmissions, differentials, subframes and such without upgrading them as well. You would loose a lot of driveablity at that level too I would think.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
When it comes to wear on colds starts that is 95% of the wear according to data.

0w-40 5w-40 or w5-50 would be my choice for high heat turbo engines.

At stock power levels 5w or 10w-30 is fine. Remember that the 30w is mainly for fuel economy and not longevity.

I'm going to be doing a Transmission swap at Drift Motion. It will be a built transmission.

I was also planning on cyro treating the whole r154 for strength.

I know on the MK4 600whp is no problem?

The diff can't take that on an mk3?

When doing these mods I will keep all my stock parts in case I reverse when I'm an old man.

Just bolt on stuff is all I want.

Anything that is not. I will buy the parts and modify them such a fuel pump housing.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
After doing the Diff oil the next thing I plan to do is ARP studs and redoing the hoses.

I have 16k on a original replacements HG. It was done at the dealer by the original owner.

I will remove each bolt then re-torque fallowing the factory manual pattern.

After that let see what the next upgrade will be.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If I had that car, the only mods I would do would be reversible, such as intake and exhaust.
I wouldn't mess with anything external, except perhaps wheels.