Heater valve and Catch can

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Hi, first off I disconnected my heater valve after the metal pipe broke and plugged the water hoses about a year ago. I just went on vacation to the USA and got one in Phoenix at one of the yards there and put it on this morning and I seem to have misplaced the connector for it so my question is where does the harness come in to the engine compartment?
2nd, after I did my swap I got an air compressor air/water separator and used it for a catch can and ran it from the outlet on the valve cover to the air inlet on the turbo pipe like the stock L rubber hose. After getting tired of the ghetto look I opted for a cusco crome catch can and installed it and had smoke pouring from the exhaust the second day after going to full boost. After disconnecting it and going back to the original L hose the smoke cleared up and has been fine. Anyone else had the problem with the cusco can? The only thing I can think of is the can has no resistance like the air/water separator which has the little built in filter.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Heater valve harness branches off the main harness right near the heater valve, maybe it's tucked behind the harness?

With the catch can, it can cause smoking if the hoses kink when they get hot, or if the catch can is clogged/blocked somehow. It will raise the crankcase pressure up and make the engine smoke. I had the hose kink once on my catch can and it made the car smoke.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The heater would have been on the opposite side on the 1J harness but it isn't there, Im just running a straight vacuum hose so its allways on till the weather warms up.
The hoses were not kinked so I have a nice chrome ornament in my trunk.