Heart of a Lion

vIetDrIfTeR

Mar 19, 2010
d town
what did u do after this??steps? thanks

5615839600_91e126a78a.jpg

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
bmw fan? i was planing on doing the plaid shift boot on my manual conversion you beat me too it, thought i would be the first supra with that. looking good

JillA70

1JZUL8R RWZebraPower
Jun 15, 2011
SoCal
Interesting... Had these done in my supra over a year ago... but were you going for a camo or zebra thing?
JillA70;1729589 said:
My latest engine bay shot (ToyotaFest 2011)
p1730030_1.jpg

Last edited:

z8dmc

Nov 9, 2008
San Diego
Any info appreciated
I just finished a motor rebuild and my clutch won't disengage
I can shift into gear with the motor off, but when on, it wont go in gear.

R154 transmission
Act stage 2 clutch
New Slave and Clutch Master cylinder
New pilot bearing and throwout bearing and hub all the wave washers are in the correct position
The clutch disk is not backwards I quadruple checked it , and the pressure plate seems good, no bent fingers
The system has been bleed thoroughly
and I cannot adjust the clutch pedal unless I loosen the master, it seems in spec
The clutch hub and fork move when the clutch is pressed

thank you for your help
z8dmc

[/COLOR]vdrifter i made sure the c clip was out
placed the piston sideways and used a socket that size to tap it out
if you get to pieces of wood to elevate it off the ground it pops right out

i wouldn't mind a beamer lol

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
88t;1739467 said:
That happened to me when my clutch disk was backwards.... I know you said you checked it, which i did too. :(

I have done this before as well... When I was working as a mechanic I had the same issue, dropped the tranny 3 times, couldnt figure it out, my boss didnt even check anything, just flipped the clutch disk and buttoned it all back up... I felt retarded till he told me (an import mechanic of 40 years, 25 of which owning his own performance shop) he has done it multiple times too lol, so apparently it happens to the best of us. Of whom I am not a member lol ;)

z8dmc

Nov 9, 2008
San Diego
Thanks for the responses
I pulled the clutch off every 4 times I checked it.
It's not even possible to put the act stage 2 clutch in backwards since the springs raise too high to allow a backwards install lol

z8dmc

Nov 9, 2008
San Diego
some fabric from a textile shop.
I believe its an internal issue with my tranny. Nothing was wrong clutch wise, lines, pedal or anything else.
Im planning on rebuilding the r154.