Headlights

Obsessionw/Boost

Sep 28, 2006
Albany, NY
What kind of aftermarket headlights are you guys running.....
Are your aftermarket headlight housings plastic or glass? What kind of bulbs do you use?

7mgte808

Oct 26, 2006
Honolulu
I want to run HID's, but don't know where to look for them, so I'll probably end up going E-bay. Also want to buy the pilot kit for the sleepy eyes. What type of headlights were you interested in?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
7mgte808 said:
I want to run HID's, but don't know where to look for them, so I'll probably end up going E-bay. Also want to buy the pilot kit for the sleepy eyes. What type of headlights were you interested in?

You know you can manually adjust the motors to give the supra down syndro...I mean sleepy eyes right?

Suprawannabe

meh... im lazy
Oct 27, 2005
Denver, CO
7mgte808 said:

All I have to say on this subject is retro fitting is the only way to go. I haven't researched or even thought about it but almost all HID kits I see look ok but blind everyone else on the road. If I can get my hands on some s2000 HID's, ballasts and everything for real cheap I just might try.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Right now I'm running stockers, but I have a set of eGay housings/bulbs leftover from my old Corolla. The build quality on the eBays (even though they work) is horrible, it feels like if I install them too tightly they'll break. You may want to try some Silvania silverstars, I've heard good things if you want to go just that little bit beyond stock.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
emiliorescigno said:
....You may want to try some Silvania silverstars, I've heard good things if you want to go just that little bit beyond stock.

Don't waste your money on silverstars. They are a big waste. I bought them for my ls400, didn't make a difference. It does look white when looking at the headlamp, but lighting on the road is the same. Definetely not worth tripple the price of the regular bulbs.

Only way to improve lighting is with better lighting distribution or more wattage.

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
tubbie said:
Don't waste your money on silverstars. They are a big waste. I bought them for my ls400, didn't make a difference. It does look white when looking at the headlamp, but lighting on the road is the same. Definetely not worth tripple the price of the regular bulbs.

Only way to improve lighting is with better lighting distribution or more wattage.

I bought some BriteLites from Napa. Made by Wagner me thinks and their Xenons. They look okay, a little brighter than stock halogens. Less than 20 bux a lamp.

Obsessionw/Boost

Sep 28, 2006
Albany, NY
marc1131 said:
i bought a set off ebay for 20 buck, both housings and bulbs. they look great and have been working great as well.

were the housings solid glass or some type of hardened plastic material?
i want a glass housing because im sure the plastic ones arent made to refract the light properly..

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've ran Silviana silverstars in two different cars, in both cases the lighting was much better than the stock yellowish bulbs...........:dunno:

I only had these bulbs set for highbeams though cuz other ppl on the road didn't like how bright they were on lows ;).

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Hella E-code H4 lamps with HID Hi/Lo's here. Going to retrofit OEM Bi-xenon projectors this winter. :D