headlights wont turn off?

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
my 87 has recently turned into a bundle of problems for me lately..... for one the headlights were acting all goofy on the way home, they went up (one did fully the other half way) without me touching them, now they wont turn off, i pulled the relay to get them to shut off, but the interior lights were still on. put another relay just to check, same thing, the lights will only turn off by unplugging the battery, on the stalk it just turns on and off the foglights now.:3d_frown: anybody know whats up with this thing?

also my battery and brake (e brake one) lights went on, cant figure out why, could my alternator be dying?

aaannnddd i have a rod knock, FML AND THIS CAR! help me fix before i set it a fire:: angry ::
p1742370_1.jpg

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Blown fuse for the headlight control box, likely a failing alt (unable to duplicate while I was there). And yeah the short block needs some attn. #6 is looking for an excuse to exit the side of the block.

Arrunh, let me know what you decide, we cold have you back on the track in no time.